General Oil & fluid quantity's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rhinogolf, Monday 5th Nov, 2012.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Having full service done on both my tourers on Wednesday am i right in thinking the quantity's for oil and fluids are as follows

7th Generation I-CTDI oil ow-30 5.9ltrs 2.2lts MTF-3 and 500ml dot4 brake fluid.

8th Generation I-DTEC oil ow-30 5.5lts 2.2lts MTF-3 and 500ml dot4 brake fluid

Do i need anything more for clutch fluid change or does that come under brake fluid cheers

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Full flush takes 1.5 litres for brakes, 0.75 litres for clutch.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When CJ changed brake and clutch fluid on my car he used 2 litre to flush the brakes and 1 litre for clutch.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Zoran IIRC we used 500m on your clutch master cylinder, and you can get away with using 1.5 litres to flush the brake system we used two litres as we wanted all of the old fluid out .

5. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Luckily just noticed the engine oil sent from HH for both tourers was the new generation diesel engine oil ow-30 as i already had put a 4ltr bottle i already had in a box for the I-DTEC service which was a 4ltr bottle of HFE-C2 which is only suitable for the I-CTDI i assume the newer oil is compatible for both I-CTDI & I-DTEC. So if anyone like me bought a big batch of oil from HH in the past and has both engine vehicles take care you don't mix

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave the old C2 oil and the New diesel oil (the new generation diesel engine oil) is the same thing it a different branding and it makes for sense than just C2.

7. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Oil & fluid quantity's

I see on the bottle of HFT-C2 says for I-CTDI and on new generation says for I-DTEC

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Oil & fluid quantity's

:Unknown: ok mate makes sense