Engine & Gearbox Oil pan replacement on k24a3 auto tourer

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by gjmhonda, Friday 9th Sep, 2016.

1. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gavin Inverness
    Hi guys I attempted replacing my oil pan on my 03 plate tourer k24a3 auto/tiptronic, I removed all the bolts easily but now I'm stuck and cannot get the sump from under the car, I've broke the seal between sump and bottom end but there's not enough room to manoeuvre it out, I tried jacking up the engine as much as I could but it just wasn't enough, is there anyway I could loosen the subframe just so I could get that extra room to manoeuvre it out, really need some advice as I do not have the funds to put it into a garage to do it and I need the car back on the road ASAP, thanks in advance

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    @SpeedyGee would surely know. He swaps engines for breakfast. Lol

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You need to remove the front (timing cover) engine mount, and lift the engine from the top. This should just about give enough clearance to remove the sump, otherwise you will need to remove the offside driveshaft for additional clearance.

Breaking all the sealant around the sump is no easy feat either.

BB Baboonface likes this.
  5. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's it all replaced now, never had to remove driveshaft, only removed subframe bolts, front, rear and drivers side engine mounts, jacked up engine with bottle jack, then used a pry bar to get subframe down about 3 inches for enough clearance

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Where did you use the bottle jack on once you removed the subframe bolts ? make sure those sun frame bolts are tight. Any pictures?

7. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Everything is tight I double checked just to be sure but will check again tomorrow, I used the bottle jack under the aircon pump with a bit of wood so it wasn't metal on metal engine went up easily as I removed all bolts from front, rear and drivers side engine mounts, everything is still working and there are no issues so far

image. image. image. image. image. image.

hondream and Zebster like this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's brave putting a jack there !

Good to hear you got it swapped over though.

hondream likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Very very brave don't make that a habit as fate will test you one day .. well done.

10. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The only reason I jacked it up there was because I had trolley jacks and other bottle jacks holding up the subframe etc and that's the only place I could fit it in, I made sure it wasn't going to do any damage etc and was super careful when I was doing it, it's done now so I'm happy

Simes likes this.
  11. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Why did you need to change the engine oil sump?

Well done, for getting the job done.

12. gjmhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was leaking a lot due to bad corrosion

image. image. image.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 18th Sep, 2016
    hondream likes this.
  13. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆