Pre-Purchase oil service

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by JAPIMPORT, Thursday 7th May, 2015.

1. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    hi there going to do an oil service on my accord the weekend I've got the oil filter today in honda, i normally use 10w40 i was just wondering about putting 5w40 in it and what brands people use in there accord, did they notice much difference by changing oils

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would stick to 10w-40 buddy or if you want to go thinner 0w-40 will be best option.

3. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    grand thanks ichiban I've seen mobil 1 super 2000 in halfords thinking of getting that or just by halfords brand, i was just interested to see if there was any difference between different brands and oil grades

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I changed the oil on my car on Monday, I changed it from Castrol Magnatec 10/40 semi synth, to Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 fully synth, and noticed immediate difference in engine noise, will see how it performs over the next few months, but so far I am please with the change.

JAPIMPORT likes this.
  5. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oil is oil and won't make any difference whatsoever in these engines. I have Honda's 5w40 in mine.

Harvey and JAPIMPORT like this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Anything 40 and above for the F/H-Series and you won't go wrong.