Off-Topic Old Toys

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Friday 31st Jul, 2015.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Just been showing my daughter this, she didn't seem impressed! Proper toy and I even have the motorised trailer.

image.

K24 CL9 GUY, Ichiban, Eureka and 2 others like this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I remember having one of those, the beeping sound of every time youpushed a button drove my parents absolutely mad

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Forward 10, turn 90, forward 20

Nighthawk likes this.
  4. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Lancaster
    I had one of those back in the day. Sadly it got sold many moons ago.
    Whilst looking around on ebay I came across that they have re released the bigtrak along with a smaller version.

I got one of the smaller bigtraks in the black colour and also got the missile launcher that fits on the top (it fits into the same socket the trailer fitted into).

The kids love it and it makes exactly the same noises my old larger one did with the advantage it car really fire the 4 small rubber tipped missiles.
    Keeps the kids occupied for a while and is a lot more fun for them to programme than the 3 wheeled robot they were learning at school and the programming system is exactly the same.

SpeedyGee and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  5. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A photo of my black bigtrak jr & a photo with its missile launcher.

The bigtrak jr was available in black but the missile launcher wasn't so I had to re colour it to make it all match:Grin:
    bigtrac.JPG bigtracmissile.JPG

Nighthawk and HondaHeritage like this.
  6. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    i just love seeing peoples old childhood toys
    i class myself the biggest kid on the block for over 30+ years I've collected all the toys i had or wanted throughout my child hood some I've already shared with the forum (live steam and hornby o gauge)
    other collection are my scalextrics and radio controlled cars planes and motorcycles
    what im sharing with you today are some clockwork cars made by schuco in the 1960s/70s these were brought back for me and my brother from germany by my father who was often away on business there .
    these were a large scale 1; 16th made of tin plate and plastic ,clockwork with working ,steering ,suspension and differential rubber tyres and knock off spinner wheels
    im missing one to complete the set but due to down sizing sadly these are now up for sale on ebay ( monies needed for honda parts :Grin: )

NEWEBAY%20035_zpso6qvn2zt.

NEWEBAY%20037_zpsn4fovlla.

NEWEBAY%20038_zps314fbxvg.

NEWEBAY%20039_zpsfyncv46i.

NEWEBAY%20040_zpspg6izquu.

NEWEBAY%20041_zps4phj1wc6.

NEWEBAY%20042_zpsjme5f3iy.

NEWEBAY%20043_zpscfw0aaod.

NEWEBAY%20044_zpstss0kaqm.

NEWEBAY%20045_zpsxqmwpo2r.

NEWEBAY%20046_zpswskz0y6j.

K24 CL9 GUY, MickyB, Ichiban and 3 others like this.
  7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I have a JSP F1 car that's a radio, it was cool back in the day

8. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    picture please :Grin:

9. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I will need a trip into the loft!
    - - - Updated - - -
    And maybe look for this
    image.

Eureka, HondaHeritage and Nighthawk like this.
  10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
  11. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    schuco made a large range of toys going back to thr 20s/30s covering many different subjects in fact the germans made in my opinion far superiour toys than any manufacturer to the point of british toy makers importing german toys from the early 1900s and rebranding them with their own names !!

the F1 cars were made towards the end of the schuco manufacturers production .the company was sold off and a lot of the early schuco models are now being remade .....annd very acurately i may say
    the F1 range was not re introduced and good examples are getting very hard to find as were quite easily broken by eager young hands

NEWEBAY%20002_zpsucbftuwm.

NEWEBAY%20003_zps90khxcws.

12. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice collection of clockwork cars :Smile:

I've still got a few collectables that I managed to keep when we rearranged the house. Sadly I let most of my collection/childhood toys go except for the odd one.

I do have a nice collection of Captain Scarlet toys/collectables. I have to go into the loft at some point I will grab some photos. They are not worth that much but were the toy I always wanted when I was young that I never managed to get so when I had the money I bought all the ones I liked.
    My eldest, she is 12, loves captain scarlet, stingray, joe90, he-man and she-ra (she has all the dvd's).
    With her sister, age 10, they have a huge collection of captain scarlet, He-Man, She-Ra and Stingray toys that are still being enjoyed.
    Yes I know some of her favourite toys are worth a bit now (he-man/she-ra figures) but they make her/them happy in a way other toys just don't (she has Asperger syndrome).

Best bit is we got literally a car full of the more modern captain scarlet toys from ebay for not a great deal as they were collection only.
    There were that many the boot was full on my old merc c class and we had stuff piled up on the back seat as the woman asked if she liked stingray too and when she told her she did went and got us another 2 bin bags full for a little extra £'s.:OTT:

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

My Dad is currently clearing all his stuff in the loft ( to make things easier for me when he goes) and has asked me to get rid of this UFO shadow vehicle. Never liked UFO, space 1999 was better with much cooler spaceships.

image.
    - - - Updated - - -
    These are going for £50 on eBay, friend had one and was so jealous
    image.

FirstHonda, HondaHeritage and Eureka like this.
  14. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've still got both my space 1999 eagles from my childhood. Both well played with and not perfect but got the one in the photo above and the other with the 4 barrels and magnetic crane (I think a barrel or 2 may be missing). They are at in a cardboard box in the loft between the rafters that's how they missed the cull when we needed the storage.

15. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    it seems like many years ago i use to race ic 1/8 1/10 rc cars and 1/10 electric rc motorcycles i also ran the crystal palace national rc circuit and club an expensive hobby it turned out !!!
    after doing this for several years i eventually sold up all my rc race equipment and the proceeds being enough to buy me a REAL 1600 formula ford racing car !!!! that being said the only rc model i have left is my trusty old tamiya motorcycle
    a little battered but still in working order

SILLYTOYS%20003_zpstuewk62u.

and now from rc fun to the ultimate turn of lunacy the big boys child s toy

SILLYTOYS%20002_zpsgmjpeqla.

SILLYTOYS%20005_zpsovoltlhi.

Eureka, Ichiban and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  16. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mini motos are wicked fun but boy can you do some injuries on them! I loved mine never raced properly went to the odd indoor go kart track when then ran mini moto nights and we used to race round a car park on an evening after the shop had shut lol

17. Dr Chaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A couple of my old Dinky toys. I used to kill armies made up of Airfix small soldiers with them. Usually Afrika Corp Vs. British Infantry!!! Kept me quiet for hours
    - - - Updated - - -
    Anyone remember playing this game?? Dug it out a while ago to play with my kids!!! They thought it was too complicated and boring!!!! Kids today eh?

Attached Files:

HondaHeritage likes this.
  18. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    yep not really a toy more of a weapon you may be lower to the ground than a full size bike but it also means you hit iti that much quicker .i high sided at a race meeting and landed on my head twisting my neck and still years on im suffering with neck shoulder problems
    some of the bikes i prepared for racing were capable of reaching nearly 70mph !!!

19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I really must get up into the loft and find all of my old Subbuteo.

There's a lot up there, including the boxed 1978 World Cup edition and about 50 - 70 teams. Loads of accessories too :Smile:

20. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

MickyB, SpeedyGee, Nels and 2 others like this.