Off-Topic Olympics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by RobB, Wednesday 27th Jun, 2012.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anybody interested in he Olympics?

I'm not, London is completely the wrong place for them. The transport system doesn't cope in normal rush hour.
  2. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Not really interested in Olympics.
    Agree about London.I avoid London if at all possible,place is a nightmare in rush hour.
  3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Doesn't do much for me i'm affraid. It's ruined any chance of leave, put extra pressure on every Police Force (when times are hard) and even if I wanted to watch them I couldn't.
  4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I thought so, no one wants them except Seb Coe :Crazy:
    Ichiban and Malibu like this.
  5. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

More interested in the torch procession to be honest... That was more interesting. There doesn't seem to be much publicity about it , probably a different story in London though!
  6. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm sure they would do some serious upgrades to transport systems for the Olympics if they come to London. Massive upgrades is usually part of the deal. For instance, when Atlanta was set to host the Olympics, they spent well over three years (and billions US$) getting the city prepared. And, it was a huge success.
  7. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just so long as they don't ask to host the Olympics in my (very small) city, I'll be happy. I'm planning to watch on television and don't live in the London area. Though I'm sure it will be an inconvenience for anyone living in the area, coping with the crush of tourists and the many blocked streets reserved for Olympic events/ceremonies.
  8. Diddyuk86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Usually I am not a huge fan of the Olympics and don't usually bother with it to be honest but I think this year I may pay more attention to it, mainly because it is London but also because I would love to see Team GB do well whilst it is being hosted here :Smile:

So far I think they are doing themselves proud and everything seems to be running smoothly for the games in London, time will only tell if it stays that way :Smile:
  9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Who will be watching the closing ceremony? Don't think it will be as weird(in parts) as the opening ceremony?
  10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Might watch some of it, can't be as bad as Paul McCartneys awful voice in the opening ceremony. Time to retire Paul.
  11. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Oh he was awful, but thinks he is a legend!!! I agree with you he needs to call it a day

Mo farrar has been awesome !!
  12. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mo is my new hero. True class last night the Ethiopians and the Kenyans didn't know what hit them.
  13. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The only reason Paul McCartney got in on the Olympics was because his daughter designed the outfits.
  14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Someone else said that to me, but it doesn't explain why he was trying to sing at the Jubilee celebrations.
    Saying that Elton John sounded awful at the Jubilee.
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have to say the tribute to the thousands of volunteers was brilliant , this fortnight of happiness and all things great about this nation has made me proud to be an yorkshireman beaming with british pride. This fortnight has bought the entire nation together and community spirt has been brought happiness in the world of austerity. I have to thank our athletes for lifting the nations reigniting the missing spark.

Thanks to all the armed forces and police to fill the gaps. We owe you big time.