ICE & HFT On board Sat Nav updates

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by minesaredwine, Wednesday 6th Mar, 2013.

1. minesaredwine Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bath
    Our 2012 CR-V has had first service & we were under the impression from the salesman on 1st March 2012 that each year the Sat Nav would be updated as part of the service, sadly this is not the case & we are expected to purchase a SD card at £125. to obtain the update. Is there a way around this?:Blink:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi there,

Which spec of CR-V do you have ?

3. minesaredwine Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bath
    CR-V 2.2 I-DTEC ES-T 2012 Thanks

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    minesaredwine likes this.
  5. minesaredwine Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bath
    We don't have a SD card I guess it should go behind the Cd player? We don't have a disk either When we purchased this new vehicle we didn't really give the updates much thought as we were advised it would be done by the dealership. Also the auto setting for night & DAY viewing doesn't work, we have to change it manually, dealership tell us that because its a non standard Honda SatNav (or some such comment) they can't help. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Really appreciate the links thanks, but it all looks a bit beyond our technical levels, also looking at the costs on the link just maybe the £125 quoted by dealership may not be too bad (?)

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would gladly take the offer from the dealer at that price its really good! the auto and night mode switch over is a config issue and which can be easily done. I will look up the instructions for you shortly. :Smile:

I will update the wiki with this information too so others can find it easily

Guides - FAQ & Faults • Honda Karma

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  8. minesaredwine Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bath
    :Happy:That looks like the job! Will try tomorrow - Thanks really appreciate it :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  9. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a similar issue with my SatNav until forum member Dave pointed out that it doesn't work if you have the dashboard lighting turned up to full. After I turned it down one notch, the auto day/night setting started working correctly again. Not sure if that would apply to your model though.

Last edited: Thursday 7th Mar, 2013
    minesaredwine, SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd love to know what the dealer meant by non standard Honda satnav?

Is it code for they don't know or can't be bothered?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its neither Rob, no one at really cares in the extra mile a job is a job today. The pride to learn and ensure your customers are given the best advise it does not exit. Where it does exist in the minority the backheelers and slack alice's pray on them for spoiling the norm.

12. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If a dealer treated me like that they would never get any more business from me.
    Oh and I'd make sure every man and his dog knew about it.

minesaredwine likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That one of the reasons why I travel to HH as I won't be able to mince my words with other dealers ! no matter what it is HH has a solution like a magic wand, they till date have not ever said NO we can't do that !

My time is too valuable going to the closest dealer to be given the run around.

14. minesaredwine Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bath
    All fixed, the link kindly posted in this thread wasn't quite the ticket (differnet system) as we have a SDD system, but was brilliant in helping research the soloution. Some where deep in the settings is an illumination tab, so bizarrly by setting that to 'off ' then activates the auto setting rather than the DAy or Night setting for the display........Strange but true....... Thank you so much all
    Just need help now with my other post re roof rails & window wind defletors:Niceone:

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  15. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    Minesaredwine, have you persisted with the SSD system? I have it also and don't particularly like the audio interface, but this might be because I don't have any instruction manual and can't find anything online. I'm thinking of replacing it - but don't know what with yet!

16. PIIRDV Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there
    Don't know if you've managed to obtain the Audio/Sat Nav manual for your CR-V - just thought, have you tried the US Honda site - I downloaded (free & legal) the manaul for mine 2008 EX - (EX-L model I belive in the US) prior to me picking up mine when I bought it in Jan this year. I was suprised by the fact the document was near enough identical to teh one I got with the car. Check the link below:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/0A1212/0A1212NV.pdf

Good luck.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you seen the Link above you have the full PDF for your car for your UKDM not yank model.