Introductions On the hunt for an Elysion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kingers555, Saturday 30th Jan, 2016.

1. kingers555 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kingsley Yorkshire
    Hi All.
    Long time Honda owner from a Prelude (still the best car I've owned) an Accord Coupe to our trusty FR-V of the last 11 years (early adopter, think it must have been one of the first). Brilliant family car and still not a mechanical penny spent beyond maintenance. However, she's had a tough life with kids, dogs and a some sort of magnetism for car park hit and runs so time has come to send her out to pasture and move on.
    Currently sourcing an Elysion 3Ltr (budget allowing) from Japan, 2007+ for the face lifted interior and on the hunt for other owners of this rare breed in the UK.
    jbob looks like my man - hoping for a success story on the entertainment system replacement and tales of 30 miles to the gallon round town......

Jbob likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If you want some advice off JBob tag him like so @Jbob so he gets an alert saying you have mentioned him.

Elysions are fantastic, would love to have one myself one day. Good luck with yours.

I imported our Edix, so have been through all the import hoops, let me know if I can help out with any advice on that front.

And good luck with your hunt for an Elysion.

Jbob likes this.
  3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:KARMA

4. kingers555 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda happiness.....so here she is. Hot off the auction over night courtesy of the excellent guys at Japautoagent.
    Factory spec 2007 3ltr V6 (RR3).
    Bit of company for you @Jbob. Any tips on how to spend the next 2 months? Keen to hear how your satnav update turned out.

DSCN5425.

DSCN5430.

Jbob and legend-ary like this.
  5. kingers555 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Speedy - just bought one so the V6 envy can start now :Wink:. I used an agent in the end who I have to say provide a great service. My main worry was getting a smokers car and actually the first one I picked out looked superb but turned out to stink and have a burn mark in the seat so think it paid for itself. So all the hoops taken care of. Bit of a stinger on the IVA but was set on a facelift 2007+ so decided to fork out the extra.

Looking forward to getting the garage up and running - they provide a full walk through vid via you tube which i'll post up once received.

Jbob likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Look forward to it .. when is the Elysion due to land in the UK ? If you get the name of the ship that it's in you can have some fun tracking it as it sails around the world (and curse it when it stops at a shipping yard for a few days) :Grin:

Which agent did you use ?

IVA is a bit of ball ache but the agent should take care of all that for you.

Jbob likes this.
  7. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Looks good very nice choice. I love them myself although the operating costs in Ireland make them out of reach for the time being. Hope it does well for you.

8. kingers555 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Realistically the crippling fuel consumption probably puts it out of reach for me too but in the end with the low road tax and 6k a year I thought stuff it, the kids don't need shoes :Smile:.
    There's no way i'd have gone for it with the tax levels you have though....ouch.

9. kingers555 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Used JapAutoAgent, Japanese Import Agent » Japanese Import Agent for Car, MPV, SUV, Sports & Motorhome | Manchester, UK | JapAutoAgent.com . For those that haven't used something similar:
    Paul here in the UK incredibly helpful and spent a long time talking me through it all. He provides access to the web site (4wheelers) covering cars coming up in all auctions with a load of really useful auction history down to specific year and models making it easy to compare price points/condition/mileage etc. for the exact spec car you are after (sure you know all this but was an eye opener for me!)
    Sam over in Japan is Japanese speaker and qualified Toyota mechanic. They pick out top end examples (usually the low mileage top spec ones, although mine is somewhere in between for budget reasons...) and provide a translation of the trade auction report. Sam then attends the auction takes a full set of photos, including underneath, and calls to talk you thorough every aspect of the car (starts it up etc.) before advising whether its worth a bid and a sensible cut-off price.
    Post auction you get a full walk round of the car via you tube ( https://www.youtube.com/user/Japautoagent1/videos ) and they manage the conversion, export/import process and testing.

All in all takes all the uncertainty out of it which seems a small price to pay (£495) vs the car value. Advert over - was just very impressed with the service so far and would probably have done this long ago if i'd known about it.

Jbob and FirstHonda like this.
  10. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    The fuel doesn't really bother me to much I'd get it converted to LPG, but the road tax here for a 3L 1809.00/year in euro. Unfortunately Ireland likes to bleed its motorists, and everybody else dry as often as possible. Insurance would most likely be an issue as well as there is heavy loading on imports. The StepWgn is about as much as I can afford with its 2L coming in at 710/year in tax.

Hope it does well for you, I've always wanted one.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @kingers555 :welcome:

:congratulations: on the Elysion - and thanks for the details on the agent you used. I'm sure that will come in handy for other members tempted by something...:GoodJob:

Jbob likes this.
  12. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome to the forum :Smile:
    great looking car !

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Jbob likes this.
  14. kingers555 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers. I hope so....fingers crossed it looks the same coming off the ship....contenting myself with research on the nav upgrade for now but desperate to get behind the wheel.
    Still, only about 3 short months to go...not sure i can take it!

15. Jbob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Jim Southampton
    Hello and welcome to HondaKarma @kingers555 :welcome:

Great to see someone else take the plunge and own one of these beasts! I have to say it looks beautiful and I really like the colour :clap:

You are going to love the drive! For an 8 seater barge it really moves!

I bought an aftermarket sat nav from Alibaba.com which was specific to the Elysion, however when it came, it wouldn't fit without major alteration which I wasn't prepared to do. I've given up for now as my iPhone doubles up as a sat nav. If however you do find something then please bring it to my attention..

Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll endeavour to reply, but please forgive me if I take a while as I have a hectic lifestyle!

Congratulations @kingers555, the anticipation over the next few weeks will I'm sure be rewarded with one the best family vehicles you can buy.

:congratulations:
    - - - Updated - - -
    With regards to fuel consumption.,, its not the holy grail of trade offs so expect 18-25mpg maybe more on a long motorway journey. I've just come from a 4.6ltr V8 so my Honda is frugal in comparison!

16. kingers555 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have to say your interior is incredible, although we'd have that ruined in about a week so probably better with the more functional approach.

I'm looking into this option ( http://www.carnaviplayer.com/honda-elysion-aftermarket-navigation-with-dvd-player-p-898 ) but looks like 2012 onward only (if they ever get back to me with any details). Looks like it would fit physically and would fill the existing space with a larger screen but would need to see the wiring interfaces etc. to understand how much is usable in terms of controls. Never really need a satnav but would be nice to have audio controls etc. in English and feel I need a UK TV tuner just for the laugh.

When you say major alteration is that to the dash or wiring set-up (or both)? I'm thinking provided I can get an ipod hooked up its probably more trouble than its worth. Just seems a shame to have all those toys and not be able to use them.... Google translate i'm sure comes in handy.