Body, Paint & Styling One shot sunroof

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by SteveT, Tuesday 18th Dec, 2012.

1. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Just been looking at an Acura TSX web site and it appears that the sun roof on the facelift is one shot opening:Smile:, quick push backwards on the button and away it goes, can anyone confirm if the Uk Accord has this? , it seems that this does not apply to pre facelift cars in the States tho.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You know I haven't opened mine yet since I have bought it as the weather just sucks. May try it later on fella and advise.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes, mine does that Steve.

Well, it did when I last opened the sunroof to let the sun in - that was about 54 billion years ago mind you - weather has made the sunroof a rather pointless feature!

4. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Cheers guys, i use my sunroof to gauge how high the flood water is above the car

Ichiban likes this.
  5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Open or closed? LOL

:Rolf:

6. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Thats it, if the weather has made a sun roof redundant,then i shall rename mine , The flood water escape hatch

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And a fine escape hatch it is!

Unless the electrics are made in Germany or France! :Aghast:

Ichiban likes this.
  8. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    yes, one shot opening to either the tilt position or the fully open position, if you push the button again whilst it's opening it stops where it is. Same for closing.

SteveT likes this.
  9. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    You know, in 2008 I'd saved up all my pennies and went to the local Honda dealer and said to them.."I want a Honda Accord, with everything that Honda do with the Accord. So got the Honda EX GT ADAS, body styling things, Boot spoiler, and all. But couldn't get a sunroof. They told me sunroof wasn,t available....Where did I go wrong?

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

EX has sunroof, EX GT, like the Type-S and ES GT do not.

11. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    My 2008 2.0 i-VTEC EX didn't have a sunroof, I was told it was only standard on the 2.4 and 2.2 diesel EX models, however my 2011 2.0 i-VTEC EX does have the sunroof, not sure if it came as standard on the later cars.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes thats right, early 2.0 I-VTECs didnt have them in EX guise, but the new ones do.

Ichiban likes this.