Suspension, Steering and Brakes One thing after another

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by RobsyUK, Tuesday 18th Oct, 2016.

1. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    IMG_7584.JPG

Well the cars having the bearing and rear tyre done to hopefully resolve the intermittent grumble noise.

While there I said to do the front discs and pads as they are more then low enough.

Turns out @Halfords put the front wheels on the wrong sides and have been rotating the wrong way for 2,000 miles thus ruining them.

Not only do I need 2 new tyres but was also sent this image...

Inner CV boot may be weeping.. ffs it was only a few months ago I had the
    Outer done.

Just wish I had purchased the adjustable rear camber arms and had the lot set up at the same time.

Those of you that had laser alightment did they use weights to replicate a full car? I'm planning to get a hunter done and been informed it takes hours!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have halford admitted they have fitted them incorrectly ? if so you have a recourse from them provided you have the invoice for new tyres. As for the grease marks if that is leaking for the boot then someone has packed with general purpose grease and no CV joint grease, it will wreck the Axel.

@Zebster just tagging you into this as we were having a conversation but dealer fitting tyres and fitted them correctly.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Yeah, because Honda dealers never do anything wrong, LOL.

I am aware of several threads on other forums listing wrongdoings by Honda dealers. I'd post links to these threads, but I suspect that they'd magically disappear (or be buried in a legacy thread).

I am sorry that you're having this problem @RobsyUK... Good luck in getting it sorted out.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The one I use doesn't on my car at least, as ever you always get a bad apples in a lot it a case of binning them
    You could bump those threads for self gratification so yes if that lighten the load.:peace:

5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

One repair often leads in to another. It's part of the course...

- - - Updated - - -
    I wouldn't ever take a car to Halfords. This is a prime example.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Trouble is it was many months ago that I went there to get the wheels balanced. They would just come back and say prove no one else took the wheels off after.

Interesting comment about the grease @Ichiban ill have a word with my new mechanic garage man.
    He's worked at Aston Martin for 12yrs
    Done endless porche and ferraris and has decided to start his own business back up.
    Good news is that his wife is a very close friend so I know I can trust his finding etc.

They are also on the hunt for a new family car and so far absolutely loved the FR-V :Smile:

9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No experience of Honda then.

10. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    That grease could well be CV grease but it looks very new!

Main dealers are not perfect. Let's not paint that picture. Halfords and quick fit equally get given a bad name. They attract good and bad mechanics alike and the service you get given is not the best in the business. There is a lot to be said about using a local garage with a good reputation. There often as good as the staff they have got working there also, and they need repeat business so obviously try to give as good a deal/experience as possible. You get other benefits from using a main dealer. Yes at a cost! But there staff train and work on that marque for years and know the cars inside out. Sick of this argument to be honest. It's bloody childish. Everyone has there views. Personal preference. Vendetta. Hatred etc etc. But stop jumping down each other's throats.