FR-V One year on

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by FR-V, Saturday 19th Oct, 2013.

1. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    We have had the FR-V for a full year now and have covered more than 12000 miles in it (3k dragging the caravan). After the initial servicing, change of all fluids and filters, and the new EGR valve (FOC update from Honda) I have had the following faults and problems ...........

NOWT, ZIP, NIL, NADA :Thumbup:

I am having the oil changed every 6 months, had a set of rear pads, put 4 tyres on and have just had the shorter alternator belt fitted - all money well spent and the car now runs faultlessly. I am getting 28-30 MPG towing the caravan and 44 on motorway runs, the best I have acheived so far is 52 on a run to MK. Only job outstanding is a full laser wheel alignment and balance.

To sum it up, this is probably the best car I have ever had (and I've had a few!) and my next one will more than likely be a CR-V d-VTEC - but not for a good few years yet as this one still only has 37k on the clock :Smile:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :beer raising a glass in your name.. well done mate.

It just shows you have to have to have to look after these diesels and be on top of everything.

3. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Good to hear that you're pleased with the car.
    Like you I have had my 2008 CR V 2.2 just over the year now, covered about 8000 trouble free miles. Other than a full service and MOT (with an advisory that the rear pads were getting low) absolutely no problems.
    The car has still only got 34,500 miles on the clock, and I don't see myself wanting or needed to change it any time soon.

4. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    The only thing that does worry me about the car is the reputation of the I-CTDI engine's chocolate clutch, especially as I tow a caravan with it.
    I have just read yet another thread about one failing after 50k of "gentle" motorway driving in an Accord.:Aghast:

5. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    I know where you're coming from, but then again, you hear of a lot doing well over 100k without any problems. I guess it's a bit of a lottery, I try not to think about it too much.

6. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    I think the main thing is to avoid being tempted to blow away the reps in their jerrycans that sit on your back bumper down the motorways - all that torque is bound to cause problems :Wink: I drive MUCH more sedately with the bungalow on the back :Whistle:

I have waited in vain for a DIY cure for the alarm sounding randomly when the temperature drops, so have found some nice grey card, flipped off the surround to the interior sensors and blanked off the holes. Must remember to take them out in the spring.