General Online spare parts shops?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by codymamak, Thursday 11th Dec, 2014.

1. codymamak Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy
    Hi,

Since I am in Italy, and cannot buy the spare parts as you do from the Honda dealer that is partner of this nice community, I am looking online to find good alternatives.

I found 2 sites I want your opinion on:

Honda parts catalog has an online spareparts catalogue complete for the Accord 2004 (my car is an executive full optionals sedan)

And this one for the spare parts:

Spareto - Car Parts and Accessories | Spareto that has a complete spareparts listings using the honda codes from the above site.

anyone has ever ordered from this site?? Prices seems very good...

Looking for any input, since I need to buy front and rear brake discs and pads since my car has real needs for a replacement (160k km on original equipment...due for replacement being bent and not too thick anymore...)

Thanks in advance.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say wait for our part store then you can order genuine Honda parts , in mean time use your Honda dealer in Italy . No point spending money on parts which are inferior and cost differential is not there to make it a real saving.

3. codymamak Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy
    I did not knew about your store? Care to share some details?

I tried to go to a dealership, but they are asking around 600eur for the brakes+pads+labor and cannot buy only the spareparts (but since they charge 2,5 hrs of labor at 45eur that means 450eur for parts only) , but on that site the brembo discs and ferodo pads are around 230eur shipped to my door, and I plan to do the work myself since I am able to do it.

May not be OEM genuine, but Brembo is a respectable brand...and same applies for Ferodo, IMHO.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The part store is in development still and should be running soon, why are the prices so expensive in Italy ? can't you do your own brakes? Genuine Parts & Accessories, Discount Available

5. codymamak Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy

Nice question to know why we italians are ripped off by dealerships...but to let you know, it's not a honda brand issue, every official dealership costs average 60% more than a non-official car shop on labor costs, and OEM spares go up to 140-160% more than non OEM brands...

As I wrote before, I used to have a Civic EG6 back in the days, and Brembo brakes equipment was very nice and better than OEM (that was in case of the EG6, actually Brembo built under Honda directives...)

That's the reason why I am looking online at that shop...

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I must say Cody, I use Ferodo premium discs and pads on my accord and they have been absolutely fantastic, never used Brembos before but have driven plenty of cars that have them OEM from the factory and I must admit, I love the way they bite onto the discs.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    @codymamak, you can read more on our store here. It's hidden from public view at the moment while we fill it up with parts and finish the final testing :Smile: