General Oops. Wing mirror hit tree in reverse

Discussion in '8th Generation (2006-2011)' started by Phil P, Monday 15th Aug, 2016.

1. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Not me. The wife. Honest:Wink:

Anyway, it doesn't seem to want to spring back under a little bit of force. Off to Honda? £££££?

Thank you for any advice

Phil

IMGP1382.JPG IMGP1383.JPG IMGP1384.JPG

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Is this the power folding one? If not, I reckon it should come back with a bit of force. If it's indeed folding type then might be trickier.

3. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Hi legendary, How's Greenwich in tourist season? :eek:

It's a power folder I'm afraid. Reckon there's a few cogs inside

Phil

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Busy! Very busy. Weekend was actually a nightmare with regards to traffic around the park. :Frown:

Btw will be moving to Kent soon

Phil P likes this.
  5. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Well off to Honda then; it was booked in for an MOT today anyway. And they twisted the mirror back the way it should be. Nothing broken. And no charge!!

Since moving recently we have had to find our nearest Honda franchise as travelling back to our original dealer would have involved an over 1 hour drive each way. And we have 3 Hondas. As luck would have it we found one only 15 mins away in Maidstone. The franchise also sells and services Mazda vehicles and if Honda UK don't brush up their act fast and get a wider range of models here I can see them losing sales to Mazda. I'm not talking quality, it's just choice. I sat in a CX-5 (similar in most respects to the CR-V but more powerful engines in some models), an MX-5 (not bad, but very cramped inside and I am not a hairdresser. Lot's of them around the lanes here. I'd love an S2000 please Honda) and a Mazda 6. Good looking car and good specs. Honda could do one of these too and maybe call it an Accord!! There was also a Mazda 3 and a CX-3? and all came with decent engine choices. And what did Honda have to sell? Same old same old. One of the Mazda/Honda salesmen was so interested in my Accord he came out to see it for himself. Apparently almost any Accord is hard to come by these days and as soon as they get one in part exchange it has invariably gone the next day or two. And 8th Generation Civics are becoming very popular as well. Not surprising really.

The Civic passed with flying colours with the usual advisory about brake pads and discs getting thin.

Phil