General opening COTM on iPhone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike c, Wednesday 16th Oct, 2013.

1. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi guys
    Just wondered if anyone else who visits this forum has difficulty opening the COTM threads with an iPhone. I like to look at the winners cars and use my phone the majority of time, but recently I am unable to open them. If I press on the particular thread it dims slightly but nothing else happens. I can open other threads either side of the COTM without a problem. I also struggle to open some of the pictures or added files.
    Regards
    Mike c

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I hear you mate,this has been a major bug within the mobile apps as outline in this thread http://hondakarma.com/threads/4045/

its out of my hands to resolve I too find it frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    We've just been submitting a new version of the app which is going through the Apple review process at the moment.

When it's up, if the problem's still there post some screenshots and I'll try help you find a solution. We're hoping to revamp quite a few things over the coming months (no spoilers).

4. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I am looking forward to the new app, I use the current one several times a day and it is frustrating not to be able to open some of the threads and the photos. CJ, as a matter of interest the URL you added to your reply will not open on my iphone.
    Mike c

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I believe that's down to the SEO modifications made to the forum, it writes the addresses in a different manner than the forum (and thus the app) natively does. I'll investigate it further and try come up with some answers.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Friendly URL representation does have its advantages and disadvantageous ,we will look into it mate. As Leo has said a lot of changes are afoot. Will take time.