Electrical & Lights Opening Drivers Door, Boot Noise

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Sunday 4th Jan, 2015.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Only just noticed the car doing this; unlock car with remote then only when I open the drivers door I get think sort of light clunk noise that appears to come from the back of the car, is this somehow related to the boot mechanism does anyone know?
    Cheers Pete

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any of the other saloon boys help out here?

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Does the boot actually open up? Sounds like it is just the locking mechanism, you could always try standing next to the drivers door with the car still locked and pressing the boot unlock button on the key fob to see if it sounds the same?

Also, I can't remember fully but is there not a secure boot lock feature inside the car where you turn the key just in front of the driver's seat on the floor by the door? Just wondering if it's something to do with that?

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Aye, you've got the location right and I believe you've hit the nail on the head. When you open the drivers door, it locks the boot to secure it. @Old Cruiser, stick your key in there and turn it, the noise should go away, but your boot will be unlocked while driving still :Smile:

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks guys, funny thing is this morning there was no noise and just now the same!! with the door open I was still able to unlock the boot , put the key in the key slot by the drivers door and permanently keeps the boot locked, so what this noise was I was hearing I don't know!!
    Cheers Pete

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Perhaps they escaped....

7. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Lol mate

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks for asking mate, yes it does seem to have, very strange!
    Cheers Pete