General Options Coupler / Connector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jd1959, Saturday 22nd Aug, 2015.

1. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I have been trying to buy the proper connector to tap into the fuse block since Honda was kind enough to leave access to 12v, switched 12v, illumination, and several other outputs available to all of us that like messing with our automotive electrical system. Of course I stopped into my local, not so interested, Honda parts man with the idea of purchasing one but with no luck as he couldn't find a part number (even though they are used on many models and years for genuine accessories :Ermm:) Anyway does anyone here happen to know the part number or equivalent I really don't like hacking into the loom when its not necessary and ideally would like to buy the male and female version so I can make the harness in the middle photo. They can be bought off yahoo.jp but it would be a last resort as fees and shipping turn a 3 quid part into a 20 quid part. pin. pin2.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

2. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    Most connectors can be found somewhere on eBay, but failing that, I'd also consider looking for what you need at a breaker's yard.
    Quite a useful source for difficult to find connectors and even better if they're already wired to reasonable lengths of loom.

3. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    @Big H I have no problems with the scrap yard they can definitely be a life saver, but unfortunately they won't let you in to the yard here to go rooting for a part (insurance reasons). It looks like the blue connector on this door loom maybe a door lock switch connector? I would really need to pull off the door panel to check. Any one else see a 6 pin blue connector like this in working on the car? If I can walk into the scrappy and ask for a door wiring loom or door lock/window etc connector I might have luck that way.

In looking I found it is made by Sumitomo, 自動車用部品:Messed:umitomo Wiring Systems, Ltd but am at a loss to find a supplier for quantities less than 500. Also can't correlate it to a Honda part number to go back to my ever so helpful parts guy.

In the meantime I may just shrink wrap small spade connectors to do the job, but I really would prefer to use a more solid locking type connection.

4. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole