Facelift Model Ordered My New 8th Generation Today

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by John Dickson, Friday 6th Sep, 2013.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello all,

As the title says, I'm the proud owner of a new 8th Generation Accord, my 4th Accord in total.

Let's get this bit over with..... it's I-DTEC!!!!!!!! Sorry I know some of the i-VTEC hard-core will probably disown me ,:telloff: I still love i-VTEC :vtec:myself and I reckon I'll be back to it one day - I can't believe it myself in some ways that I've defected to Satan fuel!

I wanted 2.4 but they could not source me one, even on a factory order as I didn't mind waiting for 2.4 :Sobbing:

I test drove I-DTEC and I was impressed with it - always been anti diesel but my only real diesel experiences were with VAG cr@p so that's what put me off I think. I was impressed with the I-DTEC quietness and refinement for a diesel anyway and the way it pulls from low down. VAG diesels in my experience need thrashing round town to stop them stalling so drink more fuel (and engine oil in my experience) than any petrol ever would.

Anyway they could source me 2.0 petrol in Graphite lustre or Crystal black - nice looking cars but too near the colour I've already got. I like a different colour on a new car so it looks like a new car.

They could also get me I-DTEC EX in Carnelion Red, Polished Metal or Orchid White pearl .

I settled on Orchid White Pearl - wish they'd just call it Honda Racing White.

They gave me top valuation for my trade in and a cracking deal on I-DTEC as I'm such a good repeat Customer.

Hopefully, I'll get it next Friday...

These were all cars in the UK in Honda group stock so don't let any dealer tell you there are no Accords available - just limited choice that's all.

Other colours are on factory order for mid January not all colours but most of the popular ones anyway.

Better still there was never any attempt from the Swindon Wagon Gestapo to convert me to Swindon cars so my two fingers were redundant. :Rolf:

Last edited: Friday 6th Sep, 2013
    bobbybliss, FirstHonda and Ichiban like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    DISOWWNNNNED !!! :Whistle:

John Dickson likes this.
  3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking at Preludes on Car and Classic though.... Dangerous on a Friday night when beer is involved.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just found your thread, absolutely awesome colour looks the dogs when its freshly detailed!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Just messing mate. Congrats on the 8th Generation dd ddd ddies ... tssk I can't say it !

John Dickson likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No worries mate got to have a laugh can't beat a bit of banter. Cheers mate looking forward to getting it. Yes it is hard to say ddd ddd.... :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

It's still an Accord so another victory against the Swindon Gestapo in Honda UK! :Hooray: :lol:

Couldn't help notice they had an area of the showroom just behind where I was talking to the salesman where they were readying customer's cars for handover. The car would be covered in a sheet ready for the handover unveiling. Not one Accord though all Swindon cars. :Sobbing:

There will be though... One day soon hopefully. :Happy:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congrats John, Its a really good car you will enjoy it .Since its a new car you can get your free AOC Tax disc holder and a few more stickers for your new pride and joy!

8. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Look forward to seeing the pics, good luck with her.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Many congratulations, the I-DTEC is a great choice - still loving mine! The white looks superb, really impressive and suits the car a lot - my local dealer has one in the showroom at the moment.

^^...and I've been doing the same thing. Really fancy a mid-90's Prelude in red...always liked them. One day...:Smile:

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats John
    Fantastic choice of colour, hope you will be happy with Satan fuel.
    Just kidding, have fun.

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks CJ I'm really looking forward to it. The sad part is the time with my current 8th Generation is coming to an end. :Sobbing: It's been a superb car. 52,500 miles, never put a foot wrong and always done the job excellently. Someone is gonna get a little gem whoever gets that. Thanks for the offer of stickers and tax disc holder. Much appreciated. Was gonna ask if I could have some new club stickers ready to go on the new one from day one. Gonna leave the ones on my car. Hopefully the dealer will leave them on on the forecourt and its a bit extra publicity for the club.

Thanks bigroncoleman. Pics will be posted ASAP after delivery, if I can park it up and get out for a few seconds that is! :lol:

Cheers FirstHonda. I was unable to decide until I saw a white one in the back of the showroom, ideally placed under both artificial light but getting loads of natural daylight in through the window and I thought I've got to have a car like that.

Cheers Zoran. Was really wanting to join the 2.4 gang :vtec:but ah well it wasn't to be I suppose. :Sobbing:

Still can't believe I'm getting Satan fuel... Gonna miss VTEC but the I-DTEC is an impressive engine in it's own right just very different engines that's all. Only a Honda engine could get me on to diesel.

SpeedyGee likes this.