Optional Extras Original spoiler

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by accordgi, Tuesday 5th Feb, 2013.

1. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Does anyone have the instructions to fit the Honda original accessory Lip Boot spoiler?

spoilerr.

Thanks

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CJ may have it but I believe this is bonded on.

3. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The spoiler has bolts plus the 3m style sticky pad. Its original but box says instructions not included and to contact dealer. If no one has ill try that, thanks

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I declined the boot spoiler from HH when I had my body kit fitted but a technician told me the bolts were supplementary, not compulsory. As said, I'm sure CJ will be along when he sees this thread and will likely have a copy of the fixture sheet for you :Thumbup:

5. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

OK thanks for that. If I can fit it without using the bolts even better as I don't really fancy drilling any holes on the bootlid.

6. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Personally I wouldn't trust a sticky pad of any description to hold external bodyparts inplace, or advice thats not from an engineer or in writing as I very much doubt Honda would agree with no bolts. Best to confirm with the suplier of the parts fella.

7. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    The instruction will tell you it needs to be drilled.

Do you have the 4 clips and the template to drill?

Last edited: Tuesday 5th Feb, 2013
    Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Did you buy that second hand or directly from the dealers, as everything is there for you to complete the job if you buy brand new.. But not to worry if you don't..

That spoiler is secured on by four clips and pedestal clips for a snug grip ...you do have to drill holes on the boot and Honda provides you with a template which is held on with masking tape ,you just have to drill at the locator marks and you are done. IIRC the drill bit is a very odd size 8.5 mm I will look for the instructions . However you won't get the template with the instructions you will have to improvise if you don't have them.

The spoiler also has a strips of double side tape to ensure the spoiler is not have direct contact to the boot it acts as a cushion as well as get tight fit lines.

i will dig out the instructions soon.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was right it was a odd drill bit size, make sure you use a 8.5mm and not a 8mm and then fill off the excess with a rounded file. Seen that been done before and i may have done a mistake like that before :Whistle:

Take your time measure a few million times drill once ..you don't need to remind you if you make a mistake you will have four holes on your boot :Aghast:

Please do post pictures of the install.

View attachment Honda Accord CU2 Trunk Spoiler AOCUK 08F10-TL0-6000-96EN00.pdf

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Right as ever :Hey:

11. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, thanks for replies.

I bought the item second hand but never used or fitted so basically new. It does bring the 4 clips and also the torsion bar which I assume is because of the extra weight of the spoiler? Even though to be honest it weighs very little.

The only thing it does not include is the template so I will have to figure out another way of making sure the holes are done in the correct place!

It will be a couple weeks most likely before I attempt it but its good to know how its done.

Thanks for the instructions also :Smile:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP just keep us posted and if anyone buys this kit in the meantime scan the templates as they will help you.

yes the torsion bar is for the spoiler its not for the weight but where the spoiler is positioned it does alter action of the boot lid opening.