Off-Topic Other Honda drivers waving

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Phil1978, Sunday 24th Nov, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    It was only my first full day of Honda ownership but yesterday a man driving a Civic who I didn't know, gave me a nod and a wave, is this normal between Honda drivers, or did I just drive past a nutter?

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Possibly a nutter mate!!!! :Whistle:

3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Thought as much, I must attract them :Blink:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I give a bikers nod to other accord owners if they are looking.

an enthusiastic Civic owner nothing wrong with that .. You are driving a better car thou.:Wink:

Phil1978 likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I regularly wave or nod to other Accord drivers, flagged one down in a car park and gave him an AOC flyer on Friday night.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm generally more of a "Christian Motorist" when I see other Honda drivers, and more of a german driver when I see Audi/BMW's (I keep on using my indicators though :Wink:)

Last edited: Monday 25th Nov, 2013
  7. Honey Badger Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richie Northants
    Happens all the time with S2000 drivers.

I've no idea about Accord coupé drivers as I haven't seen another since I brought the car!

I'd imagine he's just acknowledging your wise choice of manufacturer, buying a Honda shows you to be a man of intelligence and taste :Wink:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  8. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I've recently moved jobs and when I first parked at the new place I noticed that no one parked on the one dude if the car park along side a steel security fence. Thinks: good place to park - no body dinks or scratches . I have noticed that over the last five weeks , this side of the park has become very popular and my car is now surrounded with other cars including a Type-R Civic , 6th Generation accord and a very nice 3rd Generation CR-V in black.
    Spooky?
    Mike c

9. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I was in a really bad mood on Friday, had been coming home from working in my grandaughters house as the council had been in doing improvements :Search:it was chucking it down and the roads were bad. when I came off the m8 to join the slip for the m77 (it goes from 2 lanes to one lane before joining the m77) I was on the inside wondering why we were stopped, as I was waiting a CR-V then a CIVC followed by an ACCORD all moved up the outside lane with nowhere to go unless somebody let them in :Wave: when I got to the m77 they were still trying to get in, I felt sorry for them so I waved as I drve past and joined the m77 :Happy::Happy:

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ^ The joys of Honda Brotherhood gives you a sense of calm doesn't it.. HondaKarma as they say !:Wink:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  11. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

it was immaterial what car they were in m8 if they had opened their eyes they would have saw that it was drivers like them that were causing the hold up :Hey:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    But you noticed them that what matters atleast your mood was lifted momentarily seeing other Honda drivers in the queue. it does with me for sure. I size up a Honda car\bike whilst it standing making mental notes by looking at it making a mental image of the driver and owner.

Those owners are not mentally engaged with the Honda brotherhood it will become apparent when they Jump ships to other cars, its their second reunion which excites the soul and they look for other Honda owners.:Wink:

13. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

well if I get the Honda owner who forced me out of the lane I was in this morning because (he did see me not or was not bothered) as I was driving an old banger I will make sure he gets his eyes or gives up driving:Angry:

14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Well I have a saab for now but still always looking out for Accords superior to saab for quality for sure still has to do for now. Hope to get to see another bike in the new year found a Honda VFR which I rather fancy. Normal for bike owners to wave but never got any in my cars of recent

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    VFR800 is an epic bike with an superb VTEC engine, I rather fancy the new VFR800F its ticks all my boxes...:Hooray:

16. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Agree they are terrific bikes and superbly engineered gear driven cams single sided swinging arm (looks the biz) and a centre stand perfect! Plus great build quality to boot..,

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I usually flash at other drivers, most of them are unappreciative as they shout an expletive when they drive past :Unknown:

18. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Depends what you're flashing!!! :Tongue:

19. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It must be his lights they would never see his shoes if he was driving :Happy::Happy:

20. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    All of a sudden lately, I'm coming across tons of 7th Generation Accords in Liverpool. I've passed about 5 in the past 2 weeks, came across a foreign guy driving an almost identical 7th to mine just round the corner from my gaff, bad as his English was, I gave him an AOC flyer and told him to pop on by.

Chunkylover53 likes this.