Feedback/Help Our Community Rules

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Nels, Friday 28th Mar, 2014.

1. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Speedy Gee has posted a good, clear copy of these in the Club Announcements & News Section :Thumbup:
    Would it be possible to have this included with the other 'white on black tabs' at the top ?
    Then it's always readily available for all existing and prospective members.

SpeedyGee and DeviateDefiant like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Before long there will be another two tabs joining the main navigation so it'd get a bit cluttered, what I'll do instead is post a notice which appears on the top of all pages until dismissed which notifies all members of a link to the rules. Good call :Smile:

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No probs.
    From a members point of view, it's there straight away for reference.
    From an administrative point of view, you know that those members that did fall foul of the rules can't claim they couldn't remember or find it.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I completely agree with the reasoning :Smile: The notice should cover that perfectly.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Just had my work hat on. :Hey:

Had to conduct more than my fair share of disciplinary procedures and appeals.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'll forgo the urge to change your username to "Judge Nels" :Laughing:

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm nothing like Judge Dredd.
    :Baseballbat: :Baseballbat: :Baseballbat: :Baseballbat: :Baseballbat: :Baseballbat:

He's got an American accent
    :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf:

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Forget that, that's some impressive smilie alignment.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

One of my OCD's
    Concern for Order and Quality
    I've always been a fussy old ... so'n'so.
    Used to drive my staff mad.
    Drives me mad as I cannot stop myself.
    Another one is having things clean. Hence, ...
    In CJ's DIY that included cleaning the pistons on his front brakes, he did a great job.
    I've never thought of using a Dremel-like tool on the pistons, so now I have to do mine.
    The difference is I would have to get every last sign of corrosion removed, now I know it can be done.
    The neighbours think I'm odd. They've seen me take the wheels off the car, wash them, seal them and then wax them ... inside and out.
    But it makes it easier to wash later on. OCD Ehhh
    :Nuts: :Pathead: :Nuts: :Pathead: :Nuts: :Pathead: :Nuts: :Pathead: :Nuts: :Pathead: :Nuts:

SpeedyGee and DeviateDefiant like this.
  10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Haha, yeah I have to watch my own OCD, quite bad for pedantism. I'm very much one for trying to track/manage every aspect of my life, but have to reign it in at times.

Applying that to working on my car, I'm lucky my mechanical knowledge and lack of a garage holds me back else I'd be rust treating/sealing every bolt on the car :Laughing:

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Told you we share some values, didn't realise you were a flaming nutter like me too !

By the way, the 'Rules' banner works fine :GoodJob:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I've got the number for a good Therapist.
    :PullFaces: :Devil: :PullFaces: :Devil: :PullFaces: :Devil: :PullFaces: :Devil: :PullFaces:

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm one of those "adapted nutters" who has discreetly hidden himself amongst normal society, you'd never know.

Therapist won't work, I'd spend too long picking apart what they say and trying to turn the tables :Laughing:

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Let me just go and look up a number for the men in white coats :Tongue::PullFaces:

15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You're perfectly safe Speedy Gee...

We even have some special new 'headphones' for you.

one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest.