Announcement Our First Month: Club Awards & Observations

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Tuesday 1st Apr, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    It's been a busy first month, and it's been a long one.

We as the staff have spent a long-time planning out and introducing new features, subtle design tweaks, manually changing/porting over old AOC content and more. We've revised the rules for the site, launched a new ranking system, added a premium membership and started planning out our first merchandise order.

There's a long-road ahead for the club to get where we want to be. I cannot reiterate enough just how big are plans are, there's fire in our bellies and we're going to put it to good use. While there's nothing specific new to announce for now, there is something that we need to get back into full-swing, and that's our monthly club awards.

Starting with our awards today for February 2014, we will roll-out a new award each month on a set weekend for the following items:

Member of the Month - Chosen for the best overall contributor to the site (First Sunday)
    Thread of the Month - The best overall discussion thread of the month, whatever that may entail. (Second Sunday)
    DIY of the Month - The best written guide submitted to our new Guides & DIY section. (Third Sunday)
    Car of the Month - The garage car which stands out the most from the past month from its project thread. (Fourth Sunday)

Winners will get a special badge under their name in posts indicating that they've previous won this award, and an announcement post will cover their reasons for winning and what made them stand out from the rest.

We will be selecting a particular member of the staff who is in charge for handling these awards in the future, we want them to be impartial and although the rest of us might make nominations or suggestions, the decision will be entirely down to them.

Our first month's winners will be announced this evening, with the future awards being on the dates listed above each and every month and handled by our nominated monthly awards judge.

Lastly, here's a non-specific graph of just how well the club has taken off in a single month, a look at our traffic from Google:

seo.

Here's to a bright future guys :Drinks:

Doc, Ichiban, Mikey D and 4 others like this.
  2. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That graph only has one way to go UP UP UP :OTT:

3. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Special note to the team of Honda Karma.:
    You took a big step moving from the well placed and respected AOC site, a step into the unknown some might say.
    You have obviously spent a lot of time burning the midnight oil , which is obvious from the timing on some of the threads. The result is a professional forum which is well thought out, well designed and a tribute to you all. To achieve such a forum in such a short time is amazing.
    On behalf of members from the original site and the members that have joined as the result of the introduction of Honda Karma ,may I propose that you all deserve a special award, the Development Award .
    Long may this development reign.
    Well done to you all
    Mike c

Phil P, SpeedyGee, Nels and 3 others like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Mike, There is a LOT of midnight oil to burn still it will take us a few years to finally finish what we think will be the end of development work and enhancements, Our list of task increases every day and anyone who sees it would say YOU guys are mad!! You want do what & why no one has done this.

We want to change the perception you can do that, it’s not worth it or it pointless. Well everyone told Soichiro Honda the same when he started his small firm in Japan.

DeviateDefiant, Mike c and AndyB1976 like this.
  5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Here, here :Yahoo:

Nels and SpeedyGee like this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Thanks for the kind words @Mike c, there has been a hell of a lot of hours poured into the site over the past couple of months, both before and after launch. It's a lot more chilled now than it was, I don't think I slept during the night at all during the run-up to and aftermath of the site's launch :Laughing:

As @Ichiban said we're pushing hard, and have huge aspirations for the club in general. The base is now all but finally set, and most of the important things are in place. As CJ pointed out - it's hopefully our dedication and need for perfection from end to end which will hopefully take us to the top.

Onwards and upwards. I wish I could spell out in plain English everything we hope to achieve, but it'll all come in time :Drinks:

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've known for about 8 years that You are Mad CJ :Rolf:
    But without your madness none of this would have happened and it now seems that there's a team of mad people :Rant:and mad followers :king:
    Who have one thing in common and that is

WE ALL LOVE BEAUTY and what's more beautiful than a HONDA

Only you have it inscribed in your neck :Laughing:

Nels likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There's a fine line that separates genius and insanity.
    I know I'm not a genius, so I must be the latter :PullFaces:

@MickyB That's me and you, front row, right hand side :Rolf:

As for CJ having it inscribed in his neck, IMHO, you're not quite right.
    You can see it on his neck and forehead since it is part of his skin.
    It's in his DNA ! :Wink:

Last edited: Sunday 25th May, 2014