Announcement Our Second Birthday, Introducing Honda Karma

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by Ichiban, Monday 2nd Dec, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The Accord Owners Club is two years old today, I personally believe it’s been instrumental in bringing together an enthusiastic group of Honda fans and owners together under one thriving community. I'm proud of what we have.

The club has collaborated to pass knowledge and understanding of many different Honda vehicles to all of our members, whilst ensuring everyone within our community has a sense of belonging. We have strong depths of technical knowledge from Honda workshops, our unique DIYs and how-tos spanning various new models. The staff team have at times been thrown into issues on models where we have no knowledge of, but the collaborative effort has been vital in terms of getting the best advice on these issues.

It's no secret to anyone that the Accord has dropped off throughout Europe. It's likely we'll see a 9th Generation in the UK, but if sales don't follow through, it could very well be the last. We have a strong contingent of CR-V owners, a few resident Legend owners, and owners from the rest of the line-up scattered between. Accords represent the largest portion of the club's membership, but with each passing month the percentage lessens while being replaced by other models.

We don't want the Accord to go anywhere.

Bringing in the CR-V to our club was an essential move and has been very well received overall. We have worked long and hard to provide a definitive place for the 4th Generation CR-V owners. As already said the AOC is very willing to go above and beyond in terms of time given in order to give the members the best experience possible. I hope AOC is judged amongst other communities as a place with a can-do attitude and excellent technical knowledge. I personally think the AOC has a tendency to hide its light under a bushel and not shout about its achievements, which are many.

When it boils down to it, the club's evolved past its initial boundaries.

Our domain name "" and the AOC brand itself is representative of a single model, the class-leading Accord. With ownership pivoting off to other models, it's time to adapt and carry on our expansion to a broader audience and engage with all Honda owners.

The AOC is now bigger than just the Accord, and we need to adapt.

Introducing Honda Karma

Building on our current repository of information, we want to become a full technical resource for all Honda owners. Firstly, we want to build on what we already have. The existing sections and forums will be bolstered to accommodate all Honda models sold in the UK, and popular imported models for those that are not.

A sneak into what's coming for HK...

Our homepage will be growing into a full-fledge Honda news site, we'll be gathered up intel regarding new Honda products worldwide, showcasing our member's vehicles and projects, informing on the latest DIY guides and technical info. Delivered to you in one "go-to" location. Of course, our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+ pages will reflect all of this too.

We're going to build out our existing garage section with new sections covering your car's history, technical specs, modifications made, services done - everything to help you track your car as an owner and also help others gain inspiration. Competitions will be run on a scheduled basis with winners being showcased on all of our social pages and chosen prizes to give back to our community.

Our existing "Articles" will be made into a fully-fledged knowledge base, broken down into categories covering each model we have on the forums, with easy links from each section to it's place in the KB. We'll be taking on new club affiliates to bring you the best deals, and we'll be opening up our own club shop to further this with merchandise proudly promoting our club.

On the technical side of things, we'll be moving to a far more modern forum platform with many improved features on the forum side of things, as we get closer to the release date we'll be releasing more information to the transition as smooth as possible for our members. We'll be catering out-of-the-box for mobiles, tablets and other touch-screen devices. The design's coming a long way, it's got to be said we're going to be leagues ahead of many clubs. We want it done professionally, and we want it done right. Perfection is a characteristic of our club.

All of this requires a lot of time and effort, myself and DD have been planning this out for many months. The transition for a club of our size isn't easy to say the least. As you can see I and the staff as a whole have been actively working behind the scene to make this perfect from day one and we still have a lot of testing to migrations to our new platform to carry out.

We're excited, and we're proud of what the Accord Owners Club has achieved so far in just 2 years.

I hope you can join us in helping us to make Honda Karma a great success.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    candobill, smiler, BeeCee and 14 others like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Time for a group hug. It's going to be a long few weeks after Christmas as everything starts falling into place, it's no exaggeration that we've been at this for months already. I for one cannot wait to see what Honda Karma achieves.

EDIT: Did anyone remember the cake? :Unknown:
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Sounds exciting, can't wait to see HK...great logo too :Happy:

I've never got involved with any other online group for cars that I have owned (but have viewed the sites, and have even joined a couple). The fact that I got and have stayed involved here shows me what a great job you have done in making everybody welcome.

Fantastic job guys :GoodJob:
    Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  4. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Well done DD and CJ for doing this and hopefully HK will be a success and place for all Honda owners to join and share everything Honda.
    Great job guys.
    Ichiban and FirstHonda like this.
  5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well done guys :Thumbup:
    Ichiban likes this.
  6. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Well done guys! I like the new name and logo. I'm sure that all members new and old will really appreciate all your hard efforts.

At present it is a great site with masses of information and the new one will be even greater!

Thanks guys!
    Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This move will solidify our position as the world's best and leading resource for all Honda vehicles - not matter how popular or otherwise.

Its a great day for AOC - and one that will set the pace for years to come :Happy:
    Ichiban likes this.
  8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats CJ and DD for all the hard work you've been putting into this.

Will be really good to cater for all models.
    Oh and happy birthday AOC
    Ichiban likes this.
  9. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats. I've not been on for ages but still loving my Accord! (And no CJ the clutch is still fine on 85k!)
    Ichiban likes this.
  10. jrd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Onwards and upward.
    Ichiban likes this.
  11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Happy Birthday AOC! :Happy:

My time on here as an active Honda driver may have been short lived but the wealth of knowledge I gained has been invaluable. I'm still a Honda owner though and continue to look after the Accord! :Smile:

Personally, I think the move to having turbo petrol engines will mark a significant turnaround for the Accord. Not only will the extra power appeal to the Audi/BMW/VW market, which we still have to appreciate is a very big market, but it will also make the Accord attractive to the performance scene as it will hopefully become a very tuneable car and what with their engines being so over-engineered it should allow tuners to push the engine way beyond the competition without the expense of upgrading engine internals.

I for one am looking forward to see how Honda develops and I'm sure AOC will be right by their side enjoying the ride!
  12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Outstanding and I take my hat off to you.. There is not another site/forum out there for ANY brand that can hold a candle to AOC in fact there is much they could learn from this. CJ DD well done guys this is why we feel so proud of AOC
    Bring it on :Smile:
    Ichiban likes this.
  13. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Happy Birthday AOC. Hey, it's my birthday too!!:Happy:

Honda Karma looks a very good idea and I am sure it will be a great success:Thumbup:.

Well done and thank you

Phil P
    Ichiban likes this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    same here it been months and months of planning and it time we had some proper cake .lol
  15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    How did I forget to mention the excellent SH-AWD system that Honda has?!!! If they bring that into the UK Accord along with the Turbo charging.....oh baby! And I believe they can make it quite aggressive so it feels like a rear wheel drive car (but with AWD stability and safety).
    Ichiban and DeviateDefiant like this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  17. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Happy birthday, this really is a top forum, hard to believe it's only 2.
  18. T26NYD Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Congrats to all , well done and thanks for being there. Looking forward to next year
  19. Arturas New Member Getting Started

Congratulations and good luck!
    New ideas are always tolerated
  20. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Congratulations and best wishes. I'm pleased to see the development of the Club to embrace other Honda models, particularly as some of us needed to change cars and had to opt for the CR-V as there was no new Accord on the horizon.

AOC is the best motoring site: most helpful members and never any nastiness. Onward and upward.
    AccordCU2 likes this.