Electrical & Lights Outside temp warning

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by hsyasin, Friday 30th Jan, 2015.

1. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Hey all, I know it must be a silly/noob question, but is it me or does the accord or my accord doesn't have low temperature warning beep.
    I mean i remember i had it in my 98 galant, that whenever temperature outside was 3 or below, it used to flash the temperature with a warning beep, but sadly my accord just flashes the temperature which i always miss but no beep.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think there is no beep but we don't get -20C to figure that feature exists. In 2010 when it got -7 here all it did was blink.TBH the warning beep will dive people mad a blink is more prominenet to see.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The MPS would beep when below 5 or 3 but to be honest I found it annoying.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    My Facelift beeps and displays a snowfake on the dash info screen, but my Pre-Facelift didn't, from what I can remember anyway.

5. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I can see ur point of people getting annoyed, and i get annoyed with them as well.
    But no, my mitsu's beeping never annyoyed, coz it was short and not quite annoying beep.
    This just blinking on dash, I always seem to miss, especially when driving with lights on, as I've adjusted my dash lights to dim when lights are turned on.. And I honestly think its a great feature to know when temp goes below 3, coz i remember a few times while driving my mitsu, there have been occasions when i started driving, the temperature was not so bad, but in certain areas it was like freezing.. so in that case, its always good to know if u've entered an area with icy conditions coz car from inside is warm and cosy
    - - - Updated - - -
    they could've just used head light warning sound, the one u get when open the door with head lights on

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That the VSA and Yaw rate sensor which calculate the slip rate, and the slip rate from ICE is unique so it displays the icon on the i-MID simples. PFL cars didn't have a i-MID or the feature enabled.,
    - - - Updated - - -
    Buddy people are silencing their keys left in the barrel pings , disabling their seltbelt warning , and there you are who wants more bings and bongs.. LOL

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^My 8th Generation does this as well - whenever it happens, I always think something is wrong!

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

oh, and i want them bling blings too:maddriver:

9. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Interesting this, as mine was showing the snowflake etc, but now I come to think of it , since I set the display to show speed warnings reached i.e 30mph and 70 mph I haven't seen the ICE warning come up, maybe I've somehow inadvertently switched it off while messing around with the info menus!!
    Cheers Pete

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just noticed that mine flashes at low temperatures but now snow flake or beeping

11. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    set mine back to defaults and mine was also flashing only this morning , I have a feeling that maybe the snow flake and beeping only comes up when driving and the temp' is at say 4 degs then drops to 3 degs .
    Cheers Pete

12. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i can confirm that mine is the same as leo's
    "My Facelift beeps and displays a snowfake on the dash info screen, "

this is true for when the temp reaches 3 deg C

13. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Have you found this only when the temp' is above 3 degs then drops to 3 degs whilst driving, I find if I start the car and it's at say 2 degs the readout flashes but won't display the snowflake or beep even when I then get on the move.
    Cheers Pete

14. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have only noticed it when it is above 3deg and drops to 3 degs whilst driving. If the temp is already at 2 degs I haven't noticed any other indications . Will look out for it though

15. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    This is when I think it happens, funnily enough on the way home tonight temp' went up to 5 degs on the M4 then dropped down to 4 degs, kept watching it hoping it would drop to 3 degs, to see what happens, typical it stayed at 4 right up to my driveway!lol
    Cheers Pete