Electrical & Lights Outside temperature sensor

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by G12, Monday 27th Jan, 2014.

1. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Hey guys,

My outside temperature sensor is over reading by about 6c. Does anyone know where it's located or have any other info on changing it?
    09 Accord Touring....

Thanks. G.

2. Dzhedaj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You can change the temperature correction in the menu (but only by +-3 degrees). Just hold the up button on the steering wheel for 10+ seconds while the car has the parking brake on. Go through the menu, you'll find this easily.

Zebster and Ichiban like this.
  3. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Awesome, thanks! I'll try that. Maybe it's been set at +3 or something. ....

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Quality good man:GoodJob: Can you and G12 submit the screen shot of this procedure I am sure all of the rest would like to know the how to do it :Wink:

5. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    I can certainly try and do that when I get home to the car in 4 weeks. I didn't have time today as it was my last day at home....now on my way to work....
    Maybe a video would be a good idea....

Ichiban likes this.
  6. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Right.... After being bored waiting for someone the other day I decided to have a play and find if this temp sensor adjustment is in the menu. I found it in about 30 seconds and it was set to +3c for some reason. I set it to 0 again and all is well. (it goes from +3 to -3 degrees C if anyone is interested).

Car is a late 2008 (8th Generation) 2.2 dtec.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was playing with my 7th Generation the other day and found the same menu on a facelift 7th Generation .. so it been doable since early 2006 via the i-MID

8. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I think within this menu you can also set the speed warning.

It helps control spirits sometimes :Grin:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes you can set two speed trap warnings Some time back I set them for 30 MPH and 40 MPH and didnt its half annoy the hell out of me .. Anyone with 9 points may consider it to put it on all the time .LOL

10. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    Can you sugguest how to correct these values? It is a little bit a discussion, when my phone tells me it is 17 outside i.e. i will not set correction to match that temperature...
    it is a little bit tricky to set it right :Grin:

11. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    As far as I know phones do not have a temp sensor fitted, just rely on the app for temperature display.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Called internet bud the apps connect to a server for the info.:Innocent:

13. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Which is all very well, if the sensor that the server gets its info from is in the same place as your car. I have an outdoor temp sensor on the front of my house, connected to a weather station, some days (depending whether the sensor or tha car is in sunshine) they can be 5 to 7 degrees different. On an overcast day, or if they are both in or out of the sun, they are usually within 1 degree.

14. ZeroZ Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands erik Rotterdam
    is it me or is the outside temperature really unreliable when driving through the city?
    it's here atm about 31 degrees C but my the temperature seems not to change to the level I started the car with , 22 degrees C.
    once on the motorway it works fine and climbs.

15. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi ZeroZ, the sensor on cars have a software build in delay. To avoid the temp going up and down the whole time. The ECU needs to 'see' the temp changing for quite some minutes before it displays a difference of 1°C. And than, again, wait another few minutes before changing again 1°C.
    It can take easily 10 to 15 minutes to display the real temp if the temp in and outside garage is very different (like 22 to 31 °C).

Ichiban likes this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  17. ZeroZ Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

if that's the case then there is somthing wrong with mine.
    I can drive for a hour in the city and the temo changes max for 1 or 2 degrees as it would need to change for 10 degrees.
    however, when driving on the motorway it works fine. (parking garage 21C then driving for 10 minutes on the motor way and it says 33 C.

18. Domm Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are there any errors in the climate control module? Anyways, as the temperature IS changing, means it is measuring something.

Well, if you have the tools and you are willing to take of the front bumper, you can check the sensor itself.
    It should be situated as in the image (no. 2):
    d8ff6e6f81.
    Then, as service manual offers, place it in the cold water or something you can measure the temperature in (room temperature should be fine) and let it warm up. While doing that, have it connected to the multi-meter and see the readings. Characteristic should be as in this link:
    d8fb7921c6.
    Y axis - kOhms / X axis - temperature.

Maybe you could do it without taking the front bumper, then you should either find the sensor wiring and measure the resistance there. Also, the HDS should be able to show you what resistance ECU sees by itself.

19. ZeroZ Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for the information Domm it's appreciated.
    Ill first have the dealer read the module when the service is coming up