Facelift Model Owners manual

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by MikeM-271048, Friday 7th Aug, 2015.

1. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Owing to an attack of Fat Finger (tm) during the processing of our order, our CR-V has come with a manual in Spanish rather than in Italian. I asked the salesman during the order whether he could get me an English language version, but he has failed. Interestingly, the switch layout shown in the Spanish manual is different from what I can see on my EX ADAS AT Sensing.

I have two questions about this:
    1. Can anyone suggest a reason why models would differ in this way from country to country within the EU? I could understand if we were talking US/EU differences ...
    2. Is there a Honda part number for the UK manual? Or part numbers, since there seem to be multiple volumes?
    Still trying to figure out how to turn on Cross Traffic Monitoring ...

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    1) Localised preferences, differing market requirements, differing regulations etc.
    2) Not sure

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

No idea on question 1 I'm afraid...

Question 2, I'd say it's worth a discussion with Holdcroft Honda. Sure they will be able to help with advice and a relevant manual in English (which I guess will also be different depending on whether your CR-V is 2014MY or 2015MY as the two have a different navigation unit for a start).

4. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    The Holdcroft suggestion is worth pursuing for the next time I'm in the UK, so thanks! Is there one person who you have found particularly helpful, since I clearly didn't buy the vehicle from them?

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

If you call them and ask for the parts department, and tell them you are a HondaKarma member, any of them should be able to help.

I've had plenty of accessories from @Holdcroft Honda and they are really good.

6. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Thanks very much!

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

No problem. You've just reminded me to call them this morning about a spare set of alloy wheels!!

8. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    You can download US model CR-V pdf manuals from Honda.com Not entirely right for the UK but useful to have on the smartphone

9. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Mike
    In my post on 21 November, headed "Winter wheels fitted", I mentioned, as an aside, that I had the wrong handbooks for my model of car. I went back to where I bought it and the (main) dealer had a number of what appeared to be spare, new, handbooks and soon sorted out the 2 correct ones for me.

It shouldn't therefore be too difficult to pick up one from a main dealer when you are over here next.

Keith

10. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    That's a very kind thought. As it happens, I shall be in the UK over Christmas, so I shall have to try and find the Sevenoaks area's main dealership.

11. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Make sure you get the right set. From what I saw at the dealers (and from my own experience of having the wrong manuals) there are several different versions for the CR-V alone.

Keith

12. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine is a post facelift late 2015 model with connect +Nav.
    I can post the uk manual part numbers I have if that is the same as yours

FirstHonda likes this.
  13. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    yes please.

14. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Latest Manual Inaccuracy.

Coming home in the dark last night I noticed a very small blue light coming from somewhere in the lighting cluster above the internal mirror.

I of course turned to my new manual to see if I could identify it and to my horror, the first thing I noticed was that the picture in the manual of this light cluster bears no relation to what's in the car. I had naively thought these discrepancies would no longer exist with my new manual.

Anyway, I have attached a photo of what's in the car and the hole where the blue light emanates from is just to the left of the perforated area in front of the light switch. The picture in the manual shows only a light cluster with (a different) switch in the middle of the 2 interior lights and no perforated area, small light aperture or what appear to be the 2 microphone housings.

Anyone know what this light is for?

I wonder if all my manual inaccuracies relate to the fact that I have the Black Edition, which appears to be a hybrid of all the other versions hence it does not have its own manual

PS - Mike I really hope you find the correct manual!

Attached Files:

15. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Keith
    I wonder whether you have a bluetooth device paired with your car? Many of the bt devices I have owned used blue lights as evidence of a successful pairing.
    Mike

16. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Mike

Good suggestion. I do indeed have my mobile phone paired using Bluetooth. Next time I drive the car, I'll check to see if that is the case.

Keith

17. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

late 2015 manuals

Top to bottom:
    Main user guide,
    navigation guide,
    Service book

IMG.

18. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    thanks!

19. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Agree the manual is hopeless /not up to date in places

The blue light to the left of the oblong microphone location is actually part of the ambient lighting package and when on casts a dim blue light over the central gearshift / cupholder area. It is nothing to do with Bluetooth and comes on with the external lights

(The two round objects to either side are alarm sensors for interior movement)

Nels and 155695 like this.