General Painful lumbar support

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by ugga, Tuesday 9th Jun, 2015.

1. ugga New Member Getting Started

Denmark ugga Copen
    Hi!

Just joined this forum, because I just bought a Accord Executive 2.2 I-DTEC -09 on saturday :Smile:
    And I absolutely love it, and already got 600miles on it.

However, I now have some pain in my lower back, and this is very unusual for me.
    Is anyone else having these issues with the seats?

Mine is a euro CU3 model with full leather seats and manual lumbar adjustment. (Adjusted to minimal lumbar support.)

If my back pain is related to the car, I'm afraid I have to sell it - it´s just too painful to drive on long trips.
    Too bad since I really like this car :Frown:

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Must say, thats the first time I have ever heard of bad seats in a Honda, especially an Accord. Anything else that could have caused the back pain?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mine are so comfortable I hardly want to come out of them. No issue here and my back is brand new no underlying issues either.

Nighthawk likes this.
  4. Nighthawk Guest

Must say, my seats are incredibly comfortable - some of the best I have ever felt. I love my Accord, :Wub: especially when I get from the little C1 into it. What a huge difference

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Not something I've had an issue with personally, having had an 8th Generation for 45k miles. I always found the seats superb for long trips.

The trouble is, if it is hurting your back, then it will be an issue for you regardless of whether it affects anybody else.

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

Very true Ed. Each person is different.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I was sitting in @Ichiban's Tourer the other day and the first thing I said through the door was how much I'd missed my Accord seats (very similar to the 7th Generation).

But I think @FirstHonda's point is bang-on, I recently bought a rather expensive ergonomic desk chair, my back's never ached so badly - each to their own I guess.

8. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    I found that moving from my 7th to the 8th the latter was not as comfortable, but now after 4,000 miles I am getting used to it! not sure what you came from but most cars differ greatly and so do our bodies they do however learn how to get on with one another. Just experiment with varying seat positions you will find one to suit I am sure, PSST the heater helps a lot too.

9. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Also if the car is 2nd hand maybe it got used to the first owner! give it a chance I am sure you and it will get it right pretty soon.

10. ugga New Member Getting Started

Denmark ugga Copen
    Thanks for your replies! A lot of good points here.

I have read something about horrible lumbar support with the active headrest system on US cars, but it can't be the same issue with these seats - they seem really comfortable.
    The back pain might be caused by the 10hr train ride to get the car :Nuts:

However, I´m gonna give it some time, and see how it goes.
    After all its a lovely car, and quite rare where I live :Smile:

11. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    If you have been sitting wrong, or used you're back in the wrong way it will get used to that. And the when you get into a seat that has the correct type off support youre back will be killing you.

I am only 29 and I have back problems. When I come home from work it doesn't matters were I sit or lay, my back is killing me. Because it's gotten use to the wrong positions.

12. evo9 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Georgia
    ugga, I had the same problem when I got my Acura TSX/Accord. I believe the problem stem from the previous car you drove. I had a 2000 Accord coupe which I kept for 14 years when I got my 2013 TSX. The seats were so worn out, that my body slowly adjust the seat support breaking down. So whenever I drove the TSX, I was having lower back pain. This went on for a few weeks, till my body adjust to being seated in a more erect/supported position, verses being slouched into the seat from the older car.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  13. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've had my Accord (half leather seats) for 19 months and for the first 15 months, I thought that the seats were brilliant. Over the last 3 months, I have lost 3 1/2 stone, so now I fit into the seat better and it's giving me backache. I've tried adjusting the lumbar support, but it looks like I'll have to wait until my back gets used to it.

14. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

EAT MORE PIES!! lol

15. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

only another 4 1/2 stone to go, No pies for me I'm afraid.