Body, Paint & Styling Paintless Dent Removal?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Tuesday 22nd May, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ChipsAway Mobile Car Dent Repair - Paintless Dent Removal & Repair

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Tragically, a sizeable stone was flicked up on the M40 by a passing motorist and hit the car. At first I thought it hit the front, but on inspection, nothing.

However, on the drivers side front wing, right above the wheel, there is a dent and the paint has chipped right off to the metal. For the meantime I have quickly treated it with a touch up pen to stop the paint flaking or blistering. Just wanted to know what people thought on the Paintless Dent Removal?

I will slap up a pic tomorrow. CBA right now.

My local Honda dealer suggested a near £400 repair - I am convinced it can be done for less to the same quality.

Suggestions / thoughts / advice?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have used paintless dent removal guys in Leeds and they were spot on !! The guy who did my car used to work at Bentley Crewe and his job was to repair these type of dings at final delivery.I had a fist impression on my roof and he removed them in 2 hours. Flawless work totally suggest you go the painless route provided the paint is perfect.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll give these guys a call and see what they say.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    As cj said this method is for if your paintwork is undamaged. As yours has been chipped and you said you're going to use a touch up pen 'for now' why not just wait till you get it down a body shop and let them pull the dent when they respray it. Otherwise you'll end up paying twice. The majority of the dent removers charge will be the call out fee. Work which the body shop will do just for the standard labour charge.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Taking it to ChipsAway at the weekend. Hopefully they can sort it for me.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Saj, how did it go at ChipsAway ?

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah yes, meant to update this. That I didnt update it should tell you something! LOL

Bunch of f-ing jokers.

The muppet came and had a look - said it needed "filling in, sanding and whole wing respraying".

You can imagine my surprise to that. I just walked off, the guy was a d. I wouldn't use them even if he paid me and did the work for free. I'll save a bit of cash and let Honda do it. Bunch of chancing retards.

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Chips away are franchised so the quality varies with each person. My mate had his Audi done and was happy with them.

My brother had a decent size scratch on a silver citren car and took it to a small place in kingswinford and i was a amazed by the job. It cost £90 to blend it in to the rear quarter. As a printer I can normally can spot the colour differance but this was spot on.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^

Can you PM me that guys details, the one in Kingswinford when you have time Jase?

Appreciate it if you could! :Thumbup:

10. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    It's rare to get such immaculate surface repair job for such an affordable price. Could have cost much more.