ICE & HFT Parcel shelf speaker accress - 2009 EX

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by LordOxygen, Thursday 10th Jul, 2014.

1. LordOxygen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, like everyone else the speakers in my accord are very cr*p. All 4 door ones plus the 2 in the parcel shelf are making the horrible scratching sound. I've got some new Sony 6.5" speakers to fit in the front doors this weekend (with the adapters). If that goes well I intend to do the back doors and also the 2 drivers either side of the sub in the rear parcel shelf.

I have a quick question, does anyone know how the covers are removed from the parcel shelf, to they just lift up with gentle persuasion from a flat head driver (wrapped in masking tape)? Is there a special technique I need to be aware of? or a certain starting point so nothing is damaged?

thank you for any information.

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've only heard bad things about Sony speakers, when I was initially upgrading my speakers I also went for Sony's assuming that it was the best premium budget choice - in the end my 15yr old Honda speakers sounded better with the Sony only winning on highs. I highly recommend you test for an hour or so before fitting them properly.

Regarding installation, I'm sure one of the 7th/8th Generation owners will happily help you out.

LordOxygen likes this.
  3. LordOxygen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've fitted several Sony speaker in cars in the past and never had any problems or criticisms for the money. They can't be any worse than the POS that Honda have fitted, they're all distorting even just listening to the news on the radio, it really is that bad at the moment it's embarrassing.

Advice on parcel shelf access on the 9th Generation would be very welcome.

4. LordOxygen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Any ideas chaps please? Do the parcel shelf speaker covers just unclip somehow and lift up? Or is it more involved?

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    LordOxygen likes this.