General Parcel shelf straps

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by J&J6577, Tuesday 29th Apr, 2014.

1. J&J6577 New Member Getting Started

John
    Hi All
    Just joined the site today, I've a small issue trying to get hold of two straps for my parcel shelf. Embarrassingly the dog chewed them off. Can not find them any where. Tried my local dealer who told me i can only purchase the full shelf and the straps will come with that at a price of £89.99. Could somebody point me in the right direction of where i could get them from or an alternate strap i could use. I drive a 2002 Honda Accord 5 door.
    Thanks in advance

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Well to the forum John.

Probably your best bet is to try and source the straps or the whole parcel shelf second hand.

3. J&J6577 New Member Getting Started

John
    Thanks SpeedyGee I've tried Ebay none there going to start phoning around some breaker yards to see if i can pick them up from there.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Is it possible the replace the cord, using the original end pieces?
    Or did they get chewed too ?

5. J&J6577 New Member Getting Started

John
    I'm afraid there is nothing left no end pieces or cord just the two pieces where you attach the strap to Nels

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Off the top of my head, this is what I would do as a cheap fix. Buy some cord and thread it through a hole you make on the parcel shelf and keep it knotting it till the end cannot come back out the original side. With the other end of the cord, knot it up to the plastic connectors from the original straps and you should be set. Hope that helps.

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just realised you have no end pieces. In that case tie it to the plastic connectors on the car?

8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Did this get resolved, as you can buy the complete winder with the string and everything. lings honda list the part but i am sure that Holdcroft Honda will know exactly the part you want and need. Lings list it for £21 each, but I managed to get 2 used ones for less than £10 for the two from the scrap yard, sadly though there are non left nearby as I've had them :Frown:

By the way they unscrew from underneath, two pozi screws, one is under a flap the other is under a slide off cover.

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@J&J6577 Harvey's answer should help you fix the issue if you haven't already?