Suspension, Steering and Brakes parking brake

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by gpoler, Monday 29th Jun, 2015.

1. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    hello,
    yesterday after coming back at home from the weekend I 've seen that, even when parking brake is engaged ,the car is still moving a little ahead and backward , never noted that before but the car is quite new ,could it be a caracteristic of rear drum parking brake? ( looks like the rear wheels have a sort of free rotation, 2 cm clockwise and 2 cm back when parking brake is fully engaged, like some springs works letting the wheel move turning a little on the hub)

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Is your car automatic? The reason I ask is that if when you refer to the "parking brake" you mean the engaging the "P" position on the gear selector, then this actually locks the gearbox and not the wheels and it is quite normal to retain a slight movement on the wheels in this situation. If it is the actual handbrake between the from seats you are referring to then it might just not be pulled up enough.

Keith

3. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    hello,
    my car has manual gear, and the parking brake has manual handle on the central tunnel, ( not as the american CR-V that has the pedal) the brake was tight enough , but it nseems like there will be a sort of shock bumper on the rear wheel hub , something that let the wheel rotate a little even when parking brake whas engaged

4. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    My CR-V is an auto but when I stop, say at lights, and leave the car in. drive, pull on the handbrake the car moves forward slightly. The same happens in reverse. On this basis I think the problem that you have is normal. I appreciate your at is manual and if my memory serves me correctly the slight movement happened on my manual CR-V as well.

5. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    ok, thanks,

I supposed this is something normal, as both the rear wheels has the same "caracteristic" but I'm not sure, now I can sleep !!!!!!!!!!

6. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Glad I could shed some light on it!

7. gpoler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy gpoler Milan
    :Smile:

P.S.
    good choice the Red Passion colour, it was the other I'm thinking to buy!