Electrical & Lights Parking Sensor Fitment

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Wednesday 21st May, 2014.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi All

Just a quick question. I' am thinking of purchasing a set of parking sensors. Unfortunately I can't afford the genuine Honda kit so I have to go for a third party option.

I have chosen the Dolphin kit.

I was wondering if the 7th Generation Accord saloon rear bumper has suitable clearance to house the sensors. (i.e there no steel bars directly behind the rear bumper)
    The installation instruction say behind the rear bumper it should have a clearance of at least 25mm of depth to accommodate the sensor it self

Thanks guys

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have just finished fixing the image issue on that ..phew.

4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Will be loads of room available for you.

Just be as neat and tidy as possible, mask up the entire area prior to drilling and mark/measure everything twice if not three times.

I have watched a few people get it drastically wrong. Also, I would get them blown in in body colour prior to fitting, saves having the car in the shop and the possibility of overspray, etc.

Keep us up to date with the fitment though.

5. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for fixing the images ichiban. That's a great help.
    Thanks Guys.
    PeteMM. Thanks for that. that template in Paul's guide would be handy. lol.

The Dolphin kit already comes in a standard black which should look good enough without needing a blow over in the body colour.
    Will keep you posted peeps. in the process of writing a build thread too which is taking a while.
    Haven't decided when I am going to do them. Still need to gather a few nits and bobs first including a new battery for my bosch drill which recently died. lol.

PeteMM likes this.
  6. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Know the feeling, my buzz gun decided to makes its merry way to electrical goods heaven and left me stranded the other day :Frown:

7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ahh man.
    I can imagine you were annoyed. Especially when those aren't cheap to replace.