Electrical & Lights Parking sensor issues

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by MancDavo, Thursday 22nd Oct, 2015.

1. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    I hope somebody can help! I find that front and rear sensors are always beeping when travelling on the motorway in the rain. The car is under warranty and so far it has has sensors replaced and the sensor control unit but to no avail. I travel over a hundred miles a day on motorways so although it may seem a trivial issue, it is annoying. If I switch them off at the button then I'm worried that I will forget to turn them back on when parking (this has in fact happened on several occasions!). I also find that the rear sensors always seem to be active, even when the car is not in reverse. In other cars I've had this hasn't been the case. Is this normal?

Hopefully someone can help!

Also, is there anyway to stop the usual warning beeps on start up sounding inside the cabin? Finding that really annoying too!

Thanks in advance.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    who has been repairing the sensors and reset the ECU , have you shown this to a Honda dealer and let the warranty company deal with them.

3. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    It has been honda dealer (Swansway Rochdale) doing the work. I've found the warranty company (honda as well? It was an approved used car) to be quite difficult. When they replaced the sensors they covered the parts but the work was done as goodwill which I found strange. Does this sound right? It's taking the shine off an otherwise great car to be honest.

4. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sensors will always be active if switched on, no matter if you are in gear or not. As for beeping sound when sensor switch is pressed on, it's barely a couple of seconds, not worth worrying about IMHO.

5. MancDavo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike UK
    I think it's the seatbelt beep that gets on my nerves. Will have to learn to put it on before turning ignition on.