Optional Extras Parking sensors

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ray Ambrose, Wednesday 7th Nov, 2012.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    Thanks to everyone who gave me advice re my Hazard warning button not illuminating at night with lights switched on. Honda replaced button and led under warranty. Next question, my rear, dead center parking sensor warns me intermittently,while reversing, when nothing is there. Like I say, it's intermittent, but when my car was in the honda garage, for the hazard warning button replacement I asked the person behind the counter if it could be fixed under warranty, to which I got the reply,"depends on whether it's corrosion or not". What does that mean? A faulty sensor?, whole sensor unit has to be replaced. They told me to fetch it in the following week, but it behaved itself, so I cancelled the appointment for fear of huge bills. Anyone else had problems with one sensor out of all of them on eighth gen cars? Thanks...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup I experience this all the time when the car is wet or raining ! when its bone dry it works flawlessly.Try it out over the weekend provided its dry in your neck of woods.

make sure all your sensors are bone dry to make the comparison.:Wink:

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gotta say, this is weird.

Even in the wet, my sensors are 101% perfect, yet like CJ, some people have issues. I think Racy Jace had this too.

4. Oilburner26 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Surrey
    I have had problems with mine and previously made appointment with dealer only to cancel because it ok at that time, with mine I have also noticed if the car has been standing unused for several weeks its noticeably worse which may be pointing to dampness getting into the connections or sensor itself, but after a few miles its ok again, also one particular set of traffic lights will set my front sensors off when nothing is in front.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It doesn't bug me really as I am very tolerant on non mechanical gremlins,but will look within HDS if there is a tuning mode for the parking sensors or even a self diagnostics mode and reset.

I will come back to you chaps, but the rest please do keep on record on your findings:Thumbup:

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers CJ - might be interesting in case you discover something that could turn out to be a quick-cheap remedy :Thumbup: