Electrical & Lights parking sensors

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by deano24v, Monday 22nd Apr, 2013.

1. deano24v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

kent
    My NSF sensor got hit with a stone which has chipped the surface and as a result I now can't use the sensors as it thinks I'm always too close to something and just boiioiooiiiiiiiiiiiooooongs at me with the symbol in the speedo. 2 questions, are they easy to change and how much is a sensor from the stealers?

Thanks in advance

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not all dealers are stealers. It will be a bumper off and replace far amount of work for something so small.

lets have a look at this damage? just want to make sure there is no damage on the rear where the sensor sits.

3. deano24v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

kent
    I don't think there is any damage to the rear. It only stopped working after being hit. Tried cleaning them up thinking it was just dirt build up but to no avail. You can't really see much in the PIC buy there is a stone chip in the face of the sensor itself.

Can I unplug the front sensors from the module and just use the rears?

IMG_20130424_165417.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think I need to do some research in this topic for you,I have been meaning to do it but this needs an answer. The parking sensors do have a ECU so just need to confirm there is a self learning\calibration mode. if we can try that before going into hardware mode or swapping and stripping parts.

The sensor looks good the stone chip give it the appearance of damage but don't know is that is sufficient for it to not work:Search: or is it a simple wire harness has become unclipped.

5. macsandpcs Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Glenn suffolk
    Ichiban, Can you tell me if there is a way to calibrate the sensors?
    I have just had my front bumper repainted, since then, when slowing the front sensors beep once or twice with no-one in front of me!

Could a loose cable cause this as well?

Does anyone have a take apart guide for the front bumper ?

thanks !

6. as13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bloxham
    Any news of out comes as mine has just started bleeping when nothing infront, my local dealer had a quick look today, their top engineer told me to replace them is silly money £200 each plus fitting, a good £1K. He said they could of corroded beneath the paint just a tiny stone chip could be the cause, the cheaper option is to remove the sensor get the paint stripped away sand blasted (maybe) remove the corrosion repaint alot cheaper option
    Any thoughts?

7. Masiv Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mohammed Stalybridge
    Holy mackerel - 1k!
    I saw a few Accords before buying mine. Some es models had dealer fitted sensors but non genuine. I think they were made by dolphin.
    Or you could look into who makes Honda's sensors and buy direct. Sounds like Honda have an obscene markup. A full set of dolphin micro sensors is just £60!