Electrical & Lights Parking Sensors

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by howard, Wednesday 31st Jul, 2013.

1. howard Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I have an 8th generation 2.2 I-DTEC saloon and have a problem with my front parking sensors in heavy rain, after a down pour they start activating and even when wiped down still sound. My local dealer says the rain can't affect them and I agree with him theoretically but I still have this fault but sods law now where near garage when it happens. Anyone had this problem

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yup I had the same issue and on the service one of the sensor plugs was not seated correctly letting water in, after a quick reseat it works fine.
    get them to check all the connection to the sensors in the front.

3. howard Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you, will do.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No problem bud, get them to coat the sensor lighly with some dielectric grease to keep the pesky water out and ensure a pucca contact.

5. mikey77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've had this at odd times - we have had some pretty incredible rain in the past few months. I gave the bumper area a tap each time and it cured it. Next time the dealer can sort it if it's only a connection that needs grease or Vaseline.