Electrical & Lights Passenger Side Folding Mirror Stopped Working

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by thebhoys83, Thursday 3rd Sep, 2015.

1. thebhoys83 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, Need a bit of help or some information. Just noticed that my passenger side mirror has stopped folding in or out when i press the button. The driver side one is still fully functional, i thought maybe it was hit or knocked off its runners ( if it has runners) i tried popping it back into place but without success. I have noticed that the mirror seems to be loose like there is a bit of give, not as secure as the driver side one. If anyone could help that would be great thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Seems like it may have taken a knock. You may have to take it apart to investigate further.

I think there is a guide on here for this, have a search @thebhoys83

3. mikey77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Get someone to wobble the mirror about a bit while you keep the 'fold' button pressed (or the other way around) and see if that helps the mechanism to 'catch'. It worked for me.

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    As said above it sounds like it's been nocked.
    Also get someone to press the button and see if you can hear the motor on the mirror trying to engage.

5. thebhoys83 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys, will have a go first thing and see how I get on. Fingers crossed it's a simple fix

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try this In-Depth - Power folding mirror not functioning correctly?

7. thebhoys83 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys thanks for the help. Took your advice and got the mirror working again, but now it has stopped working after a couple of weeks. Tried doing what I done before but have had no joy. Have put my ear to the mirror while someone presses the button and can her the motor trying to engage but the mirror doesn't fold. What are my options now? Thanks for the help

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The gear which engages with the motor is dislodged or it broken due to an accident or kids messing about.

Only a strip will reveal whats doing on.

9. thebhoys83 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thx for the quick reply. Is this a fixable problem without buying a new wing mirror? Is this something that I could do myself?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strip it down and have a look mate.

11. thebhoys83 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wouldn't be the best at dismantling things m8. Is it easy to do? Or is there a guide thanks

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  13. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Get yourself over onto civinfo.com, theres someone on there that repairs the modules I believe obv he does them for 8th Generation Civic but he may be able to help you out

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    so you have already assumed this a module failure based on what without looking at it? Give the chap a chance. Are you the same guy who repairs these so the referral?

15. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    No in all honesty I have never had the folding mirrors on a Honda, but clearly this person isn't too sure about the cause of the problem and doesn't seem confident in being able to identify the fault himself.
    My post was purely to give him a pointer towards what might well be the answer he needed, (again it may not be I'm not saying it is 100% that at fault)
    But with comments like yours coming back it kind of puts people off from offering advice in the future.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Alex without looking at the problem first hand without stripping with knowing what it is root cause you cannot recommend a fix. So if he can't fix it with the information provided then garage is the option but this is more than a module plug-in and plug out by a person sat on a forum.

I agree your pointer was a solution but why go into hardware mode without a clue what the root cause is? I stand by my comments as anyone can recommend anyone anonymously as interaction here is faceless without the knowing their true intent. agree?