Electrical & Lights Passenger side mirror reversing functionality

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Julianp, Tuesday 10th Jul, 2012.

1. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Hi,
    I have a 2012 Type-S saloon to French spec with reversing camera. According to the supplying dealer and the documentation (catalogue and manual) it should also have the functionality that dips the passenger side mirror automatically when you engage reverse, provided that the mirror switch is set to that side. It doesn't appear to work, and didn't either on the other Type-S I test drove a few weeks earlier. Does anyone have a Type-S or other recent model with the reversing camera and have the mirror function working? Is there a configuration setting somewhere in the trip computer or nav screen displays that I have missed? Or any other quirks about using it?
    Thanks,
    Julian.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Julian
    I have that function on my car and it work without problems.as far as I am aware there is no settings for this just set the mirror switch to that side.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup the nearside mirror dips towards the kerbside on mine too.

4. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    As I mentioned in my post, I am aware of the need to set the mirror switch correctly. But it still doesn't work. Looks like one for the dealer to sort out, and possibly a recurrent problem as it didn't function on the car I test drove either. First black mark for the fabled Honda quality :-(

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It not a case of not reading your post Julian . You may have some incorrect information there is NO requirement for the mirror switch to be in a position or as you say "set the mirror switch correctly" when you select reverse the passenger mirror dips instantly.
    See what your dealer makes of it.

6. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Actually the (French) manual does specifically state that the mirror switch has to be set to the passenger side, which my dealer confirmed. As the supplying dealer is over 100 miles from where I live it will have to wait a while to get fixed.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I see it must be a feature on LHD cars as it not a feature on our cars.

8. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oz version the same, Julian. No special setting.

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Not wanting to ask a silly question, but are you sure this function is available on this model of car in your country? Are all Type-S's fitted with this as standard?

10. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Julian; apologies. My manual says 'on some models ...'. My vehicle requires the left-right switch set to left. Doesn't matter if the engine is running or not, just ignition. If set to right or middle, the mirror doesn't tilt. There are no references to the trip computer etc. just the one switch.

11. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just thinking outside the square ... Could you have a generic switch which requires setting to the left irrespective of whether you're a right or LHD?

12. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that its a feature on EX spec 8th Generation cars

13. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    Can confirm. Just got my car and it works like the first day. On the second it did not so somehow I should have done something to disable it :Smile:

14. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    ok can confirm. if you put the side mirro switch to the left and hit the reverse gear the mirror goes down. if the switch is on the right, it does not

Ichiban likes this.
  15. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    According to the Honda brochure - which I checked first - and the dealer, yes, it should be. It isn't working, so I think all I can do is wait until I have time to get back to the dealer and get them to sort it. Let's close this down now. Thanks.

16. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    I've tried every combination of ignition position, handbrake on/off, mirror switch position. It isn't working, period. Will go back to the dealer when I get time.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why do diesel cars have these gremlins,I know your car is new and it should not do this. But time and time again history will suggest all these electrical issues which surfaced on the 7th Generation I-CTDI & now the emerging trend in the I-DTEC.

As a Petrol owner you have to stop and wonder why are the diesels so erratic with their electronics? when they share nearly all the components with the petrol counterparts.

Julian I hope you get a simple solution to the problem.

18. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    I just engage reverse, with the switch applied to the left and it dips and works. Never had to set it up or anything...

19. SkySkillsChris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Essex
    Ditto here, 2008 model EX needs the mirror switch to the left mirror for it to work. Have you tried switching to the left mirror Julian? I wonder if it may be wired for Japan/UK?

20. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Hi all,
    I can't honestly believe that Honda would "forget" to wire it for the Continent correctly. But in any case, I have now tried every possible mirror switch position and it isn't working. It will get seen to by the dealer in due course; it's the first car I've had which is supposed to be fitted with this feature and I can manage well enough without it for a while!
    Cheers,
    Julian.