Engine & Gearbox PCV system description 2.2 Diesel

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by blackbeard, Wednesday 9th Sep, 2015.

1. blackbeard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England England Kent
    How is the crankcase ventilated on these diesel engines ? , not spotted a PCV valve anywhere yet, just wondering where it chucks it back in to recycle it all, and if any of the pipework for it is prone to blockage.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good question I have a intense hatred for all this diesel. So I really don't know mate. My guess is the amount of curd it pumps out of the tailpipe you don't need one.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm not sure what era I-CTDI diesel you have. The N22A2 variant certainly has a breather, see item 6...

E__3410.

Have a look on the Lings site using your registration number and check out your model.

blackbeard likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Add the picture rather the link mate, helps better.

Zebster likes this.
  5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    OK, will do in future. I was being (over?) cautious regarding potential copyright issues relaring to the use of Lings images.

Thanks for correcting my post.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will give you an insight Honda Europe took Lings to court on sharing their EPC and publishing it on the net. The court threw out HME claim and said it didn't infringe any copyrights as there was no Honda marking to make it stand out.

That why Lings are in Honda's bad books and you can share it as there is legal precedence set on it.Even we can copy that entire EPC nd publish it if we wanted but on back of that ruling but we will not do it. All new Honda EPC have the Honda trademark logo in the middle that is why you don't see any new cars on lings website after 2009 :Wink: which are all trademarked.

Nels likes this.
  7. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Wow, interesting.

I must admit I do use Lings images a fair bit.

8. blackbeard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England England Kent
    I use here for drawings HONDA ACCORD TOURER 2004 KE 5-DOORS 2.2 EXECUTIVE 5MT
    as the drawings are expandable in my browser, I use lings for part numbers, and to laugh at the parts prices.

Specific to my enquiry I am assuming the vent in this drawing items 9, 8 is the thing I'm after :-

HONDA ACCORD TOURER 2004 KE 5-DOORS 2.2 EXECUTIVE 5MT ENGINE: E-39. CYLINDER HEAD COVER (DIESEL)

Now I need to go look in the engine bay and see where the connections off item 8 are made.

Apologies if links are not permitted

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I now remember disconnecting that pipe to remove the cam cover! I assume it goes down to link to item 6 on the Lings drawing?

Assuming the correct FS engine oil has always been used, then I'd be surprised if you had sludge blocking any pipework. My engine was extremely clean inside when I had it all apart last year with no sludge or buildup of any sort.

10. blackbeard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England England Kent
    I have no way of knowing if the car prior to my ownership has been correctly serviced, it was by Honda up till 2011, 106k mls now 146k ml the rest of the service history I have is by independents with items listed as oil /filter service etc , not detailing what was actually used.
    I know the fuel filter I removed was the wrong type, and it was overfilled with engine oil by 2ltrs so doubt everything else has been done to spec , as it should have been.