Engine & Gearbox PCV valve

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Amused, Wednesday 12th Jun, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anybody know how to locate the PCV valve on a petrol 8th Generation (mine is a 2.0 CU1 LHD)? Diagram and part number perhaps?

I suspect my engine whistle may be down to a clogged PCV valve, or maybe even a vacuum leak somewhere in the hoses that lead to this valve.

Does anybody know how to exactly locate a leak?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry Nick just seen this thread will dig out the info.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Check the PCV valve (A), hoses (B), and connections for leaks or restrictions.
    CU1 Accord PCV AOCUK 1.JPG

At idle, make sure there is a clicking sound from the PCV valve when the hose between the PCV valve and intake manifold is lightly pinched (A) with your fingers or pliers. If there is no clicking sound, check the PCV valve washer for cracks or damage. If the washer is OK, replace the PCV valve and recheck.
    CU1 Accord PCV AOCUK 2.JPG

keep us posted bud.

Amused likes this.
  4. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot CJ, you are the man!

Will keep you posted!!

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

CJ, do you have the part numbers of the PCV valve and hoses (left hand drive)?

I have difficulties translating the word "PCV valve" to my language (there is a different local word for it and I have no idea what it is) and thus I can't really explain to my dealer what I need done, so the part number would finish the job

- - - Updated - - -

Think I got it...

Is it PFKL349133 (number 1 on the photo)?

http://http://www.lingshondaparts.c...ck_01=17TL1A01&block_02=E__0800&block_03=3593

E__0800.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Amused likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nick you sorted ..Any feedback ?

8. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey CJ, I ordered the PCV valve from US ($18 only versus 58 EUR in Europe), waiting for delivery now.

I had the most ridiculous situation the other day... I saw a guy with a 2009 CU1 Accord and he had the same faint whistle as my motor. He said it was normal and present from day 1. He also said all CU1 Accords that he drove in had the same engine sound. It appears to be a characteristic of the engine...

Totally stupid...

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange this should not happening if it is the PCV. If I were you whilst waiting for the new PCV can you remove the current one and clean it with carb cleaner to see if cleaning makes a difference.

10. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The PCV will be here this week... So I'll just replace it, can't do no harm... I read a couple of threads on US Honda forums, and many people suggested regular replacement of PCV valves after 60k miles or similar... So I guess it won't harm, regardless of the sound.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't think there is a real need to change the PVC unless you have a problem. I don't know why guys over in the US suggest to change it at a set mileage, when you pinched the pipe could you hear the PVC clicking?

12. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

CJ, I didn't even check, I decided to change it since it's a cheap part... Can't do no harm.

Here is a thread from a US forum, some of the guys there suggest replacements every 100k or sooner

how often to replace PCV valve? - Honda-Tech

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well its just someone opinion by changing it you will have troublefree life its not something set in stone or a best practice.. a clean could have done it bud.

we shall wait for your response bud , hopefully it is the PCV which is casing this noise.