Announcement Personal Google Author Link - Any Interest?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by DeviateDefiant, Tuesday 8th Apr, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    On a lot of sites I've worked on in the past, the contributors to it have liked to publicly promote that content is written by them. It's not something which is often found on forums, but nonetheless it's something a lot of professional writers and bloggers use throughout the net use. Does that apply here? I don't know, but I thought I'd gauge interest, it's a professional touch you don't see on most small forums.

What is it? Basically this:

www.google.com 2014-4-8 6 24 52.

If you want to participate, you just list your Google profile address in your profile, and in return the above would be automatically generated by Google when searching the site. It's not guaranteed, but it normally goes through fine.

You can read more about it here. If there's any interest I'll go ahead and make the site compatible. It's a small touch, but I think it helps cement our differences from most other communities out there.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just for the record, this would also work without using your real name if you also had a Google+ profile in that same name, for those that have common online aliases.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds