General Persuade me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveT, Sunday 8th Apr, 2012.

1. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Hi all

So, got a 7th Generation 2.4 Love it to death mint condition low miles ,coming up to 26,000 miles nearly five years old.Have seen a black 2.4 8th Generation 2011 , no reason to change but would you?? Go on persuade me,

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Steve, with you're mileage I wouldn't bother, especially if you still love your current one.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Depends on price of the 8th Genner.

I'd say do it :Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Steve, you have to drive the 8th Generation for a good extended drive to appreciate it and make you own comparisons. the 8th Generation in driver dynamics is a massive improvement over the 7th Generation.

You will notice the gear shift throw between the gaiters is precise and shorter all the movements be that of the brake pedal, clutch, steering wheel etc are lighter and more precise.

the only thing you will notice immediately is the dead center on the steering will take some time getting use to.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Depends on a few variables.

Personally I go for a bigger age differential between Accords which works out better financially.

However people who have driven the 7th and 8th say there is a big improvement with the 8th.

If you test drive the 8th and love it, and the sums add up, then on the basis we're a long time pushing up the daisies, why not.

So perhaps the decision boils down to money.

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

One other point of course...the other competing priorities in your life for the money how they rank alongside the car.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've only heard good things about the 8th Generation. That's why I daren't drive on! I just know i'll want one.

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is probably the best reason so far.

9. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Thanks guys, i know i will fall for it if i test drive it, i,ve heard that the steering takes a bit of getting use to, the cars an autobox tho as i,ve got nerve damage to the old clutch leg.I always said that i would sell the 7th while it still held some value, last september was quoted £6500 trade in so prob about £5500 now ,usual reason petrol guzzler hard to resell yada yada!. Im also a bit concerned about the colour, Crystal Black, the last black one i saw looked like a skating rink in the sun, going to view tomorrow weather permitting, will keep you posted.

Cheers Steve

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Steve I don't think you really needed any persuading :Smile:

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have 8th Generation 2.4 and like it very much and for that reason i would say yes go for it but on the other hand with mileage on your car i would say no because there is plenty of life left in that car.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As an 8th Generation owner, with Crystal Black too, its a nightmare to maintain.

Saying that, once clean, it is the best colour by far :cool:

13. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Well, rain stopped play! didnt go to view the car as it rained all day, [ i never view wet cars] my next available day is next sunday, so if its been sold then it was,nt meant to be:Frown:.

14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I`ts 2.4 so you can bet it will be there on Sunday.Very hard to sell 2.4 these days.Before i bought mine i watched it for about 2 months before purchase and price dropped significantly in those two months.

15. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Hi Zoran, was your car brought from Brindley Halesowen ? if it was i saw it up for sale when i was up there for a touch up pencil.

16. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No sir i bought mine in Holden Honda Norwich.

17. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Oh right, like you i don't mind if i have to travel, nearly went to Scotland to see a car once, ha.

18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For a right car i was prepared to travel anywhere.I went to Norwich twice before i bought it.

19. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Now thats commitment :Wink:

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have a really fantastic spec car Zoran, the accessories on your car are worth 4-5K on top of the car cost. You bought the ideal spec car and would buy the same spec car in a flash.

The best bit you car your car drive much better with no hesitation between gears like a few 8th Generation I have driven.

AccordCU2 likes this.