Electrical & Lights Pesky VSA Light

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by BobSol, Friday 14th Dec, 2012.

1. BobSol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys
    So last month I told you about the VSA light coming on as soon as I touch the brake from start up. This is on a 2.4iS type tourer which I've owned for eight years. All agreed I needed to take it to a Honda dealer for diagnostic check which I did this morning. All welcoming, all very courteous and after an hour they came to me and told me "all fine, no faults, all reset" and no charge. Relieved and happily surprised I drove away only for the damned light to come on as soon as I touch the brake. I had to get back but called to be told "we're baffled, no faults means no faults, bring it back when you can". The plot thickens.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bob take it back to them and ask them to calibrate all the wheel sensors since you have already paid for that work.Tourer don't have a widespread rear nearside wheel sensor failure like the saloons.

It will be basic calibration, have you changed any disc brakes pads etc on the car recently ?

3. BobSol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for reply. Discs changed about three years ago, calipers changed about a year ago, VSA light came on just after MOT test. Honda dealer didn't charge for diagnostics.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well that rules out anything has happened recently , just take it back and ask them to calibrate they may charge so get your charm on :Grin:

5. BobSol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In fairness they did invite me back at my convenience. Many thanks for your help. Oh, by the way, my wife stuffed a small toy in the corner of the dashboard to hide the light. Who needs technology!

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VSA Warning Light

Hi,

So the dreaded VSA Warning Light came on yesterday and I am going to take it back tomorrow to see if they will fix under warranty as I bought the used car only 2 weeks ago.
    My warranty mentions ABS System which i think the VSA modulator is a part of - is this correct?

Happy new to you all,

John

8. BobSol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: VSA Warning Light

Back to the dealer today, guys. After an hour or so they proudly announce that the problem was a misaligned/bent brake light switch mounting bracket. Off I go, first touch of the brakes, on comes the damned light. Back to the dealer, new switch to be fitted tomorrow. Apparently, the diagnostics are showing brake light failure and not brake pressure problems which would indicate modulator problems. We shall see what the dawn shall bring.

9. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It looks like my VSA/ ABS unit is going to be fixed under used car warranty (2 weeks to fault) by bba reman - It would make me a less cynical if all goes smoothly and i don't get ripped off _ i will see and report back.

John

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know a few people have had it fixed at BBA in past..but I would like to know the repair procedure do they change the pressure sensor or are they just removing the offending circuit so the light does not come on?

11. BobSol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh deep joy. Returned to dealer lunchtime today. New pedal switch supplied and fitted for £63.01. No more VSA light on drive home. Happy Christmas everyone.

Ichiban and SayamaAccord like this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ah that's great news.

Have a good un !

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good news Bob, have a great Christmas.

14. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will test the ABS when I collect it next week.

John

15. john_y Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I collected the car and tested the ABS which worked fine - I guess they must remanufacture the sensor.
    I am not sure how to test VSA function can anyone advise please?

Best wishes

John