General Pet hates when other people are in your car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exec, Sunday 29th Mar, 2015.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Thought I'd start a threat on pet hates when you have passengers and people using your car.

Something that annoys me a lot is when friends and family are in the car, I hate it when they slam the doors shut and when they slam the handle open, always feel like something is going to break too. Of course its not always easy to tell them not to either!

Anyone else have any particular annoyances?

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Slamming the car doors is my biggest one too - look mate, just cause your car is built to poor quality, doesnt mean mine is, you don't need to break the door every time you close it. Wife gets it in the neck a lot as she does this constantly

Kids steaming up their windows and then drawing on them

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

My biggest irritation is a general lack of care. Just because you don't look after your car or care what state it is in, doesn't mean you can adopt that approach with mine. It certainly doesn't mean you can do what you like and then criticise me by saying "it's only a car" either :Laughing:

Handbags are a particular pain - various female passengers with large handbags (with buckles, zips etc.) have tended to throw them into the footwell/onto the back seat without thinking marking the seats and/or scratching interior plastics. I've had paintwork scratched on the door too because of these :Rant:

What do you mean OCD...??:Fear::help:

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My mates kept on doing that and eventually the handle broke :boxing:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I still do that when I'm stuck in traffic haha

SpeedyGee and FirstHonda like this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Forgot one - the classic "Why are you going this way, I always go the other way." "Your satnav is wrong, this way takes longer" etc etc.

When you drive, go whichever way you like. When I drive, just let me go where I want to...:brickwall:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

Parking spaces!!!!!

I know there is a parking space there, and one over there to, I also know how to drive and park (probably a lot than you can anyway), so stop telling me where to park or how to do it.

Would you like to walk?

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:lol::lol::lol:

You realise somewhere there is a forum for wives and girlfriends :knitting:, where there is a thread entitled:

"Why does he always park so far away from the entrance? It's only a car!"

- - - Updated - - -
    And another thing...:teasing:

Eating in my car :Icecream: You know I don't like it, so for the love of God, please just STOP ASKING if you can, and then asking why not. Then saying "it's only a car" for the 13 millionth time...

This thread has hit a nerve, but I don't think anybody will know. I'm pretty sure I've got away with it...:Whistle:

Nighthawk likes this.
  8. Nighthawk Guest

I think you are safe mate, noone has noticed anything :Whistle:

FirstHonda likes this.
  9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm with those who detest door slammers. Hanging's too good for them.

10. Nighthawk Guest

Kids are banned from eating in the car not so much of the mess, they are pretty good actually, but I almost wrote the Accord off when my eldest was younger as he chocked on a grape and I just stopped straight in the middle of a dual carriageway

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am quite tolerant and my car is disaster inside anyway with three kids in it.
    I guess I hate when people try to light cigarette in my car.
    I am a smoker but don't smoke in the car so for other people to try it is a big no no.

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Ahh I got the "its only a car" lecture from my mum when I once told her to not slam the doors shut, that was the only and last time too, I just fume inside whenever someone does it you could probably see smoke coming from my nose like a bull :Rant:

Food is another annoyance, its like the bird shit of interior cleaning, you clean the inside and the next day someone has left crumbs all over the seat and floor, in my case it is nearly always my younger sister.

Just thought of another one, when someone sits in the middle of the back seat and blocks the rear view on the mirror.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There is a solution to all these problems. Take all the seats out, except the drivers one. :gotcha:

On a serious note, I agree with all that's been said.
    • Door slammers
    • Food
    • Back seat drivers
    • Playing awful music
    • Talking
    • Breathing
    • :Rant::Rant::Rant::Rant::Rant::Rant::Rant:
    Phew. I feel a lot better now. :Tea:

FirstHonda and Nighthawk like this.
  14. DC5Cassie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cassie Northamptonshire
    I'd say one of my biggest hates is either changing my music or turning the volume up. My car, my music. I hate the volume being turned up so I can't hear myself think and hate when it's turned up and not left on an even number. An old friend once fried my speakers in a previously owned car and thought it was hilarious.

The same goes for the heating/ac. I can't stand being hot in a car because it makes me sleepy.

Next is when people criticise my driving. Gggrrrr. What, just because I'm a woman you think I don't know how to drive/park!?

15. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Same as many above, changing my music, eating and leaving rubbish in passenger footwell, putting keys and handbags on the roof/bonnet/any bloody painted flat surface :brickwall:

16. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The eldest puts her feet against the back of my seat and uses the side skirt as a step to get out.

17. Nighthawk Guest

Passengers who don't look when opening doors and hit walls or other cars.

Feet on the dashboard, had a friend who did that once, was the only time he did it :Rant:

18. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    I'm with you there Zoran. Mine is used as our only car and takes a bit of a battering inside from the kids.

I gave up trying to keep my cars pristine inside years ago - too stressful.

19. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My father in law uses two hands when closing the door and the boot. Very annoying.

20. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    People who put their feet up on the dash board, WHY???
    Closing the vent instead of redirecting it so the windows steam up with a car full.
    Although I am becoming more tolerant now I usually have a car load of kids,