Off-Topic Petition against Drunk Drivers Sentences

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MickyB, Tuesday 31st May, 2016.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guys if this is not acceptable on the forum please will you remove it.
    I have just been sent this link and when I read what had happened and what sentence has been given for his actions I was appalled.
    I feel very strongly against drunk/ drug driving as they are really diving with not only their own lives but those of innocent people.(it could happen to any one of us at any time. Thanks.

Hello,
    I just signed the petition, "Tougher sentences for drivers who kill other road users whilst driving drunk.."
    I think this is important. Will you sign it too?
    Here's the link:
    https://www.change.org/p/tougher-sentences-for-drivers-who-kill-other-road-users-whilst-driving-drunk
    Thanks,
    Michael

Last edited: Wednesday 1st Jun, 2016
    Rayne, jazzway, Timbell80 and 2 others like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good call @MickyB
    I hope all members sign.

MickyB likes this.
  3. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Whereas I obviously don't agree with drink/drug drivers it may interest some how opinions vary across the world. Over here if your not too drunk for your first offence you only receive a small fine ! My brother lives in the Dominican republic where the general opinion is you actually drive better when drunk ! No wonder it now is officially the most dangerous place to drive.
    Its a bit like Italians and seatbelts. They refuse to ware them as A, your inviting an accident by using them and B, they don't look good !

4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can you put an @members tag on this for me @Nels . Thanks.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

MickyB likes this.
  6. rimmo Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
    signed

MickyB likes this.
  7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Signed.

MickyB likes this.
  9. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Great believer in zero tolerance for driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
    We should be pushing for a blood alcohol level of 0.0mg. This will remove confusion of what you can and can't drink before getting behind the wheel.
    Is killing someone whilst under the influence any worst than crippling someone for life?
    You only have to watch a couple of police, camera action type programs to realised the hardened vehicle criminal (drink driver, twocker, thief, ved/insurance/licence fraudsters) don't give a monkeys and are generally untouchable under the law as they have nowt to lose and the fines are much less than doing things properly.
    The problem is criminals have more rights than victims (criminal justice act, pace etc)

stuscrv and MickyB like this.
  10. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver 26yrs ago... I was only a young man back then and it was before I had my driving license... But it left a huge impression on me and I've been a strong opponent of it ever since. I've even warned friends that I wouldn't hesitate to report them if they ever tried to drive drunk in my presence.

As for the guy who killed my friend... he got a pathetic sentence and is free to kill again, whilst she had her life taken away at just 21.

I'll gladly sign any petition that calls for stricter sentences for these scumbags.

MickyB likes this.
  11. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Perhaps rather than sometimes wasting technology on gadgets we don't really need manufacturers could fit a device which disables the vehicle until your totally sober ?
    I think I'm right in saying most people get caught the next morning which at least tells me they didn't DND at the time.

MickyB likes this.
  12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That would be a great idea . A built in breathalyser that disables the car if you are over the legal limit. Blow into a tube and that nice lady in the computer says 'I'm sorry you are over the limit vehicle is disabled' oh boy brilliant.

PLEASE POST THE LINK TO YOUR FRIENDS(Facebook etc).
    Thanks

Last edited: Wednesday 1st Jun, 2016
  13. Filipa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Filipa Wrexham
    Done....
    Drinking and driving does not match...
    Would be very frustrated if one day one of my family or even me had an accident because alchool on someone's blood :/

MickyB likes this.
  14. Lemmings72 New Member Getting Started

England Roger Isle of Wight
    Done

MickyB likes this.
  15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Done!

MickyB likes this.
  16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A big thank you folks please keep signing and passing on to friends.

17. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    What will happen with the introduction of driverless cars ? Will you be allowed to get mullared and let the car take you home ? Its only about ten years away folks.

18. DrSam Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Done

MickyB likes this.
  19. dirtymagic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Luke Brighton
    All signed and dusted, also past onto friends and family.

Nels and MickyB like this.
  20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thank you