Engine & Gearbox petrol car have chain or belt

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by mrhankey, Sunday 25th Aug, 2013.

1. mrhankey Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi there,

does the accord tourer 2.0 i-VTEC have a chain or belt?

any issues to look out for on petrol models?

thanks

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its chain driven,have a look here
    Not much to worry about on petrol cars except usual wear and tear items depending on mileage.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Mar, 2014
  3. mrhankey Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for that, its good to know its chain driven.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Mar, 2014
  4. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Yeap, chain - just make sure its service schedule is kept up to date and you should be fine

5. mrhankey Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks I am looking at two cars just now petrol and diesel. I gather the diesel is chain also? cannot check engine code as not seeing until Wednesday the car.

4 years old with 2 owners and 55k on clock what does you guys think about that for diesel?

thanks

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Diesel is also chain driven.
    Just make sure its been serviced with correct oil and on time.
    4 years old must be an 8th Generation then.

7. mrhankey Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah 8th Generation tourer just not sure about the mileage with two owners. Honda dealer but do you think it will be solid enough with no issues? bought a vw in past with one owner and been a major pain with issues like steering rack, brake servo etc which all went within first month. suppose a Honda warranty would cover this anyway but you reckon car should be fine? is miles go on it will it still run smooth or develop any issues other than DPF?
    thanks

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's something I can't answer unfortunately. There is always risk in buying second hand cars.So far I-DTEC seems to be very reliable without major issues except DPF which is a case on many cars.
    I owned 8th Generation petrol for two years now and no issues to report except rusty sunroof which was sorted under warranty.
    Good luck whatever you decide to buy and hope its a good one.