Fuel Efficiency Petrol Engine MPG

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by easyshare450, Saturday 29th Mar, 2014.

?

mpg

1. petrol

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. manual v auto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can anyone tell me what sort MPG would get out of 2.0 petrol manual or auto doing 350 miles a week thinking of going back to petrol ?

2. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I average about 29mpg with an auto box. Maybe sounds a bit thirsty but I'm happy with it. I've got to say, i would never go back to a manual again.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I too would be very interested in the results.
    'Young Skywalker', aka easyshare450, may be able to turn me from the dark side too!

4. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i would like the same but 29 against 47 is a bit too much to drop unless manuals are a bit better ?

5. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I cover between 400 and 700 miles a week, mixed roads, and I average 31.5 with an auto box.

When I bought my 2013 petrol EX there was a diesel model on the forecourt next to it, same spec, with 2,000 miles more on the clock and it was £4,500 more, and when you consider that every time I fill up it costs between £4.50 to £5.00 less than a sooty, I would have to drive to the moon and back to recoup that

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not exactly sure what I average in terms of MPG but last week when I went to fill up with gas but left my wallet at home and I only had £5 cash on me, so I could only put in 8.77 litres of LPG.
    I was well surprised the following day when I actually managed to almost return home on the £5 worth of fuel.

I managed to get 68 miles, that works out to be 35 MPG from a 2.4 Litre engine at 58pence a litre, who needs a sooty diesel :Tongue::PullFaces:

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    must resist the temptation to take shots at weasel engines. must resist ..must :Devil:

8. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ha ha if only i could get 44/48 out of petrol don't think anyone would run diesel ??

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

My old 4th Generation did!
    The good old days :Tea:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @easyshare450 if you work out the cost equivalent MPG then LPG come up trumps :-

Take my 68 miles on £5 of fuel, assuming diesel is £1.35/litre, £5 would only buy you 3.7 litres of diesel. Assuming your getting 50MPG on diesel, then that would have only got you 38 miles on the £5 fillup.

It's low price of 57p/litre that makes it easily trump diesel but LPG price varies greatly around the country.

tomwillie likes this.
  11. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I know I only drive a lowly 7th Generation but please allow me to wade in with the diesel defense.

IMG_0528.JPG

And before you all say it I've been tracking my MPG calculations for several months and my trip computer is spot on.

I-CTDI for the win!
    :king:

narcosis and Ichiban like this.
  12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Holy hell @Doc, that's got to be the best I've seen yet from the I-CDTI. Be interested to see if the 1.6 I-DTEC owners could beat this.

13. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

how fast are you driving to get them MPG figures ?

14. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Between 60 - 70 mph.

It actually read exactly 73 MPG at one point but I got held up in read works a few miles from home.

15. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Doc, what's the secret? My computer shows 45 average at best. I drive 300 miles a week - mostly motorway/dual carraigeway.

I don't exceed 70mph (officer) and don't thrash it.

I only fill up with BP ultimate and put in a can of bg244 fuel system cleaner a few months ago.

16. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i don't think i could drive that slow 70/85 mph and get calculated 48/50 MPG

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  18. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Oi, @Ichiban!! Hang on, are you talking about the mileage or the MPG figure? lol

I can drive it without even trying to be economical at 70-80 mph and still get 50 MPG. At a steady 65 mph over 70 MPG seems almost inevitable these days. TBH I really do struggle not to get high 60's or low 70's if I drive steady.

I'll post another photo when I reach the golden 75 MPG lol.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just being cheeky fella..lol

20. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    On a side not as I mentioned before the MPG figure on my trip computer is spot on where as lots of other people report it being inaccurate. Could this be a indicator to how far out the injector calibration could be? :Unknown:

I'll stop hijacking this thread now and start my own with my MPG figures on it.