ICE & HFT Phone phone book won't update.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by 155695, Wednesday 4th Nov, 2015.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Added 3 new numbers to my Moto G 2nd generation so decided to update the phone phonebook on the car. All went as normal but when it had finished updating the 3 new numbers weren't showing. Tried several more times but with no luck. Memory isn't full as it's telling me it has 247 empty spaces left.

As usual the handbook is about as much use as earache as the menus shown for the HFT do not reflect in any way what is showing in the car (as I've said before on here I think the handbook is for a different model/year of car).

Apart from the above the phone works just as it should on the car.

Anyone any ideas?

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I had a similar issue on my previous Accord, and the only solution was to delete the phone completely, then re-pair it, and download the address book from scratch.

3. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I think I've work out what's happening. There are 2 issues that I wasn't aware of. The 1st is that the phone numbers on the car don't for some reason appear as they do on the phone. The 2nd is that a couple of the "numbers" in my phone aren't in fact phone numbers but e-mail addresses for individuals and I had forgotten I'd included them in the phone contacts as an aide memoire. These don't download to the car as presumably they are not in phone number format.

So I think therefore the car's phone system is working correctly and (as is often the case with me) it's user error!

Keith