ICE & HFT phone set up

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by easyshare450, Saturday 25th May, 2013.

1. easyshare450 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi new to honda need help trying to set phone up. paired phone loaded phone book don the system thing press HFT say call asks me what name i say name then it asks me call diael or add numbers when i answer it goes off

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC the 8th Generation pairing and set up process is very easy when compared to the 7th Generation. Have a read of this guide.

Honda Hand Free Telephone (HFT) User guide the principle is the same but there are a few processes skipped in the 8th Generation but you will get the gist of things if you take it from the top and work down.

I may have to create a user guide for the 8th Generation,more than happy if someone is willing to offer their services.:Smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 30th Mar, 2014
  3. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    have anyone managed to connect a samsung S3 through the usb port?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good question.I have been trying all day to play music from my S3 through car speakers with no luck.
    Tried usb.aux and bluetooth but none of it works.
    can't even pair phone to the car for some reason but have no problems connecting to my laptop, other phone.
    Gave up in the end.

5. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    phone paired with no problems...but no luck in playing music through usb (aux)

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats weird - I'd have thought the S3 would have been relatively straightforward in playing music.

I had no issues with my BlackBerry Bold 9900 playing music via USB on the Accord. Havent yet tried it on the CR-V.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Phone paired now but still have no idea how to play music from phone on the car speakers.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Samsung Galaxy S3 like many newer phones uses MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and not UMS (USB Mass Storage), hence why you guys can't get music to stream to the car.

You can get around this if you root your phone.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I see.Thanks Speedy.
    There is me being thick all day trying to make it work :Blushing:

10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Whats wrong with the headphone port? That worked for me along with using this bluetooth dongle. The dongle is in the kitchen now so I can listen to my tunes while I bake.:Smile:

11. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    thanks speedy

12. nightspider New Member Getting Started

london
    I have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 and have just downloaded the below app

Going to test it now and update all....

- - - Updated - - -

Just tested and it works if anyone was interested

13. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just changed phone to an S4 so lookin for help - how do you root the device or which app do i need to use?

Thanks

BigRon

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Why do you need to root mate ?

Rooting will void the warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's too get the phone to be seen by the audio system then look for a UMS app in play store.

15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I find that my business phone (a Nokia) works perfectly with the HFT, whereas my personal 'phone (Samsung Galaxy) is more of an issue.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that there are manufacturers where you load your SIM card into a slot the car, which avoids any and all potential technology clashes. Did I dream that or does anybody know if it exists?!

On the voice control, I've said before that I haven't used it on a car yet where it works consistently, and the Accord is as good as any (and better than most!!). I view it as the answer to a question that nobody asked...

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Think he's going off your comment further up where you said you can get around MTP by rooting. To be honest I thought you just had to touch the 'Copy files' button from the USB notification after plugging it to use Mass Storage mode. I might be wrong, I've only used AOSP based ROMs for a long time now.

Rooting only voids your warranty if it's still rooted when you claim :Whistle:

17. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok guys.. im obviously doing something wrong.. followed the guide at the link.. press the phone button, wait for the beep and said phone set up.. nothing happens.. i had the ignition on with engine running.. its a 2009 accord ex.. beautiful car.. just be nice to get the phone integration working :Smile:

18. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    is the phone paired with the car? i.e. are you seeing the bluetooth sign where there is the digital clock

19. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There are two sets of buttons on the left of the steering wheel. Make sure you press the telephone button and not the one that controls the stereo etc. I've made that mistake:Blushing:

20. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes just got it paired.. i only had a minute.. but can i access the phones phonebook via the dashboard? i tried pressing the tlk button, tel came up on the display and when i said call.. i read out a number but nothing happened.. seems quite hit and miss.. all i want to be able to do is say call home.. or call ################# can for it to dial out..