Introductions Photographer and former CD9 (95 coupe) owner hoping to come back to accord owning

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tak, Saturday 26th Jan, 2013.

1. Tak New Member Getting Started

Hey all,
    The names Duncan aka Tak. Was an accord owner a few years and part of THAOC before it split.

As stated in the title I am a photographer. I mainly do motorsport (e.g. track days, test days and major events when I get the chance), I also do wildlife photography but am branching out a bit.

I used to own an Accord coupe about 3-4 years ago, it was nighthawk black, had an F20 non v-tec engine and was an OEM spec that I was planning on showing but as with life that wasn't the case. I ended up selling her after getting engaged to my wife and decided we only needed one car and went for the more economical one.

Since then every time I have seen an Accord I have looked longingly, it was proboably the best car I have owned and I have finally convinced the wife that we should go back to an Accord so we are currently looking around. Hopefully we can find one soon and I can keep you all up to date and get to some meets.

I am always up for meeting up when I'm not working for events and helped organise a meet that had a photoshoot and going to Holden Honda Lowestoft just after the release of the CR-Z. When I lived in America I used to help my step dad organise Rallies and quizes to go with the routes for large events and wouldn't mind helping to organise more events like that if required.

Well hope to get to know you all better and hopefully will get an Accord soon.

Duncan

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Duncan and welcome to AOC
    Hope you find a good one and hopefully see you on one of the meets.

3. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Duncan welcome to the club, Hell of an intro.
    Thought i would share this my favourite wild life shot
    View attachment 7077
    Taken whilst having a drink at a coffee shop near Wroxham

4. Tak New Member Getting Started

Cheers for the welcome guys, nice to be here and hope to meet you at a meet too.
    Bowler that attachment keeps coming up as broken, don't know if its the link itself or just a miss-type.
    Going to look at a gen 6 2.0 with an LPG conversion tomorrow and hopefully a gen 7 estate TDI, will let you know how it goes and if I find anything else to look at :Wink:
    Duncan

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for the welcome guys, nice to be here and hope to meet you at a meet too.
    Bowler that attachment keeps coming up as broken, don't know if its the link itself or just a miss-type.
    Going to look at a gen 6 2.0 with an LPG conversion tomorrow and hopefully a gen 7 estate TDI, will let you know how it goes and if I find anything else to look at :Wink:
    Duncan

5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Opens up OK at this end?
    Try again
    P1000260 (Copy).

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Duncan, welcome to AOC.

Whats the mileage on the 6th Generation 2.0 LPG converted Accord ? You don't want it to be too high (like 140+). Make sure it idles smoothly as an slight unsteady idle can indicate a degree of valve seat recession (VSR) from having been run on LPG for so long. Of course, if the LPG system has been installed correctly, kept in tune and has a working flashlube system that has been kept topped up all the time, VSR shouldn't occur at all.

7. Tak New Member Getting Started

Didn't get to see the LPG, its under 100k on the clock though and thanks for the idle info. If I can get in touch with the sellers next time I can go look I will listen out for the idle, was going to see how long ago it was done and so on. Unfortunatly the Estate was sold before I got to see it but in my travels I saw a couple Jazz's going at a good price....Not quite an Accord but atleast its Honda again :Wink:

Nice pic Bowler, always nice to see a robin, love it at this time of year as they are all singing away which makes them easy to spot. How close were you to the Robin, looks quite close or a pretty good zoom.

Duncan

8. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Duncan Keep looking mate sure you will find what your looking for patience and the power of the internet will see you through

Robin taken from about six feet away just happened to have camera on the table with me. Love photography but no profesional, currently using a Panasonic Lumix FZ45 Bridge Camera. Easy to use with decent results, fixed lens but a decent zoom