ICE & HFT pic request

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by chris2982, Wednesday 5th Aug, 2015.

1. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    could anyone with the tweeters on the a pillar please take some pics if them for me please. .
    trying to find out if they are fitted on the standard pillar or if the pillar is specific for the ones with the tweeters.

cheers,
    chris.

2. garf8v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Chris

can't do photos yet!! But I don't think the pillar is specific for the tweeters. They do have a hole in the pillar to attach the tweeter surround and speaker(like a downlighter bracket with screws) so it is screwed from inside the trim, which means you can't pull them off without taking the trim off. I can't copy the picture from my CD, so hope this helps..
    Will try again tomorrow

3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

thanks for the info.. Looking like I don't need to get new pillars so that's good news :Smile:

4. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi Chris

Pics attached, sorry not had chance to try and dismantle one yet. Will try this weekend as I'm doing some jobs on the car. Hopefully I'll remember, but sleep deprivation is setting in with the bab :crazyeyes:

t1. t2.

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  5. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Cheers mate. . . That's just what I was hoping to see..
    The tweeter housing is shaped around the standard pillar..

I am looking to put a set of components INT the car but didn't want to start cutting up the original panel. . Bu looking at that I should be able to use a honda housing and just replace the tweeter :Grin: happy days!
    - - - Updated - - -
    one thing that would be great to know is what size the tweeter is ,, had a look on lings but they only give the size of the door speakers.

6. garf8v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I made it 66mm across the bezel. Don't know what that relates to in actual speaker size.

chris2982 likes this.