Detailing Pictures of my clean

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by cred, Monday 10th Jun, 2013.

1. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    The weather on Saturday got me in the mood... plus the BP jet wash offer was too good to pass...

So... basically...

The car itself wasnt too dirty but as I live in apartments, a pressure washer of my own is out of question (sorry forgot before pics)... i took it to the closest BP with JetWash and paid 2x 50p for 24 minutes of jetwash time (google bp offers).

In between the 12 minutes, I cleaned the wheels using Pro Honda Wheel Cleaner and used the car shampoo which was also in the box (thank you HH!).

Once back home, I applied a bit of Turtle Wax and a bit of labour and the results are below (only thing not happy with are the several stone chips on front bumper :Angry: - a job for another day I guess):

Poor camera skills may be excused!

IMG_4879_zps93135a9b.

IMG_4873_zps86434073.

IMG_4875_zps00a7b8f6.

IMG_4876_zps5c956faf.

IMG_4877_zps2b3a97e3.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice and clean,looks good :GoodJob:.

3. babyboom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:GoodJob: showroom shine, when you available to do mine? lol

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Lookin spic and span ! :Thumbup:

5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Top job, not easy making a differance with silver. nice touch making the merc look bland

6. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    thanks guys! now that i enjoyed this i might take it next level and order some clay bar for detailing..

Bilt Hamber is what's got my attention. what do you reckon?

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ I'm a big fan of Bilt Hamber products, and use quite a few. I use their clay, no complaints, good results. You lubricate the bodywork with water rather than quick detailer too, which is more cost effective...

8. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Bilt hamber regular is all you need, water and a touch of car shampoo in a spray bottle making sure the area where claying is completely wet.

9. Hoho15 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's some fantastic shine!

10. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Thats good advice! I'll keep that in mind. Still haven't managed to order one yet but I need to. Suggest any good reliable sources (online or otherwise)?

Cheers! :Thumbup:

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I have been using Elite Car Care online for a few years with no complaints, but for Bilt Hamber products you may as well go direct, as there is little or no difference in price.

By the way, I have used their Hydra-Wax for the first time recently - very quick and simple, with minimum effort giving a very good shine on a silver car. No idea on longevity yet though...also used to use their Auto-Balm as my Winter wax of choice. Fantastic protection and result, but not the easiest to use IMHO.

12. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Here you go, from ebay, a reputable seller and his online outfit is called perfectlycleaned. No problems. A 200g bar is a big lump of clay so divide it into 6 pieces, 2 pieces will be enough to do the whole car, whenever a bit picks up contamination just keep folding it etc to reveal clean sides.
    Bilt Hamber Auto Clay 200g - NEW Medium Grade - AutoClay - remove contamination | eBay

13. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Interesting... you are a pro and I value your feedback but you are suggesting I go for Medium grade as oppose to Regular grade, which most (probably sponsored) websites recommend. What's the difference?

14. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    I'm not a pro buddy, medium meaning regular sorry or even the soft is ok on Honda paint. As long as its warm and pliable when you're using it then you limit the risk of clay marring.

15. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Cool... I'm thinking that maybe we should get a car care/detailing website to give AOC members a special discount code!

16. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    I do know of some discount codes for some detailing stores online so whenever you're buying anything let me know and i'll see if there is a code for that shop